Windows 10: Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones

Discus and support Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft-owned SwiftKey will be getting a big update later this year, and one of the new features would be cloud clipboard integration. In a recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 3, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones

Microsoft-owned SwiftKey will be getting a big update later this year, and one of the new features would be cloud clipboard integration. In a recent SwiftKey beta release, Microsoft has finally enabled support for a feature that lets you copy and paste text from your other Windows devices.

For those unfamiliar, Windows 10 comes with a clipboard manager and it lets you easily cut, copy, and paste items across your devices. With Cloud clipboard, you can store a history of items that you’ve cut or copied from the primary or secondary devices. To access this feature, you need to use Win + V keyboard shortcut.

With the latest SwiftKey update, you can finally sync your clipboard history through the cloud and access the content on any device. For example, you can copy something out of a document or webpage on your desktop and paste it into an app on your Android phone where SwiftKey is installed.

Similarly, you can also copy the text on mobile and paste it on your desktops. You will, of course, need to enable clipboard data sync on both Windows 10 and Android.

How to sync clipboard across your devices

First and foremost, download and install SwiftKey Beta from the Play Store. In the SwiftKey ap, tap on “Rich input” and select “Clipboard”. On the next screen, select and enable the ‘Sync clipboard history to the cloud’ toggle.

You will be asked to login to your Microsoft account to continue.

Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones Cloud-Clipboard-SwiftKey.jpg

Once done, open Windows 10 Settings app and navigate to System > Clipboard. Turn on the following two options (if you don’t have them enabled already):

• Clipboard history
    • Sync across devices

Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones Windows-10-Clipboard-settings.jpg

If you’ve followed the steps correctly, you’ll be able to sync your clipboard across your Android and Windows 10 PCs. Remember that Cloud Clipboard will only retain your last copied clip for an hour and the last copied cloud clip will be shown on your prediction bar in the SwiftKey app.

Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones Cloud-Clipboard.gif

Of course, you can turn off the cloud clip predictions by navigating to SwiftKey >Rich input > Clipboard.

Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones SwiftKey-Clipboard.jpg

The clipboard data is encrypted and it won’t be linked to your Microsoft account.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft has always allowed Samsung owners to sync their clipboard history using the “Link to Windows” feature, but the SwiftKey update brings the exact same functionality to all Android phones.

In related news, Microsoft is also working on a new clipboard manager for Windows with GIF, emoji integration, and a modern interface.

The post Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

When will the Sync Clipboard with PC and Android come to SwiftKey?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are using SwiftKey Beta keyboard on your Android phone and looking for the feature to sync the clipboard between the PC and Android phone.

Currently, the feature to sync the clipboard with Windows 10 and Android using SwiftKey keyboard is not available. However, you can sync the Windows 10 clipboard across your devices using the Microsoft account. Please refer the steps in the article

Clipboard in Windows 10

For more information on Windows 10 clipboard you can refer the article
    Get help with clipboard

To Backup & sync the words and phrases of your SwiftKey keyboard, you can sign in to the SwiftKey keyboard and enable the sync feature. Please refer the article

How to use SwiftKey Backup & Sync

If you face any issues with sync or using SwiftKey keyboard, I suggest you to get in touch with the

SwiftKey support team

However, we would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions, as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions and check if it can be included in the future updates

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 3, 2021
  3. das10 Win User
    How to see Cloud Clipboard sync working on iPhone?

Sorry, I am not on version 1809 yet, but have a look here to see if it makes any sense.

Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    and
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: How to use cloud clipboard - TechRepublic

" The problem with the feature is that it only really works with Windows 10 devices, so if you have an Android phone or an iPhone, you have no way of accessing your PC’s clipboard from your phone."

Windows 10 Will Soon Sync Your PCs Clipboard With Your Android Phone - Thurrott.com

das10, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10 Mobile

Sync email from desktop to your smartphone?

I was hoping that finally I can sync my Windows phone with Outlook on the desktop, but it isn't likely.

It seems that this app is pretty much useless on my Windows phone for the purpose of syncing all my emails (6 email accounts) from Outlook on my desktop to my phone. On the other hand, this app will do just that for the Android and iOS platform. *Sad

Cr00zng, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones - Similar Threads - Microsoft finally bringing

2. Clipboard not syncing with android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard not syncing with android: Hello, I'm having trouble syncing the clipboard between my phone and my pc. I had an s10+ and it worked fine for some time but some weeks ago it just stopped. Now with an updated s23, the problem remains. I already have all the boxes checked on the clipboard settings. Even...
  3. Clipboard not syncing with android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard not syncing with android: Hello, I'm having trouble syncing the clipboard between my phone and my pc. I had an s10+ and it worked fine for some time but some weeks ago it just stopped. Now with an updated s23, the problem remains. I already have all the boxes checked on the clipboard settings. Even...
  4. Windows stopped syncing to android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped syncing to android phone: Windows Media Player stopped syncing to android phone. Same phone as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopped-syncing-to-android-phone/0eabf8d9-397d-4c70-be98-7465e44ff858
  5. Windows stopped syncing to android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stopped syncing to android phone: Windows Media Player stopped syncing to android phone. Same phone as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopped-syncing-to-android-phone/0eabf8d9-397d-4c70-be98-7465e44ff858
  6. Windows stopped syncing to android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sync clipboard with Android 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync clipboard with Android 10?: I used to use the very useful clipbrd app to sync my clipboard between my pc and android phone, but unfortunately Android 10 introduced a (stupid IMHO) clipboard protection that broke its functionality. Has anyone found free alternatives? I saw that a particular app managed...
  8. Sync Clipboard to Phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync Clipboard to Phone: In Settings > System > Clipboard I have clipboard history and sync across devices turned on, and I clicked the link to get an app to sync clipboard items to my phone. This led me to Play Store to download Microsoft Launcher Beta. Having installed that and signed in to my...
  9. Devs start bringing Windows 10 to Android phones

in Windows 10 News
    Devs start bringing Windows 10 to Android phones: In 2019, several developers posted a series of images that appeared to show Windows 10 booting on phones such as Pixel 3 XL and OnePlus 6T. Devs were able to run Windows 10 ARM successfully and command onto the desktop on these two Android phones. A group of developers have...
  10. Sync accounts settings with Android phone .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync accounts settings with Android phone .: I have my Android signed in through the Authenticator with my main Microsoft account. Went thru the add device process but it still doesn't show the device in devices in account. Also, when I go to the sync settings in my windows pc, it says " sync is not available with for...