Windows 10: Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices

Discus and support Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is opening Windows 10X to an “even wider variety of form factors”, according to sources familiar with the development. Microsoft is exploring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 31, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices

Microsoft is opening Windows 10X to an “even wider variety of form factors”, according to sources familiar with the development. Microsoft is exploring the possibility of ARM-powered notebooks and convertibles running Windows 10X (modular OS) in the near future.

Windows 10 has for years run on different form factors with processors from Intel, AMD, and ARM.

When Windows 10X was announced in October 2019, Microsoft had decided to limit it to Intel chips because of potential compatibility issues and problems with emulation on ARM architecture.

Microsoft has now internally started testing Windows 10X on its own hardware, which suggests that we might see some ARM-based devices from Microsoft partners later this year (2021).

It’s worth noting that Microsoft is not planning to launch its own device with Windows 10X until 2022.

An expansion to other types of devices is a great move and ARM-powered devices can compete even more closely with Chromebooks. This is because ARM chips should also be cheaper than Intel or AMD, which means more affordable options for students/teachers and frontline workers.

Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices Windows-10X-taskbar-UI.jpg

However, Windows 10X is not for everyone and Microsoft’s approach could be similar to Windows RT. In other words, 10X will lack support for true desktop apps, relying completely on the web apps (PWAs) and UWP apps available via Microsoft Store.

In fact, 10X would be the first the OS that will come pre-installed with web apps. Microsoft has replaced UWP Mail app, Office desktop with their web versions, which will be lighter and faster.

For enterprise/advanced customers, Microsoft has developed a built-in service called ‘Cloud PC’ that can run regular desktop apps over your internet connection.

Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices Windows-10X-limitations.jpg
    Windows 10X limitations via Microsoft

In addition to desktop apps support, Windows 10X also won’t support local user accounts and advanced tools like Control Panel and Registry Editor.

The post Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft reportedly changes Windows 10X plans for dual-screen devices

Read more:

Brink, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft new Windows Lite OS may be called Windows 10X

UPDATE 10/2: Introducing Windows 10X: enabling dual-screen PCs in 2020

Read more:

Brink, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices

Windows 10X

Hey Joe. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor here to help until this is resolved.

This is the latest I have on Windows 10X:

https://www.onmsft.com/news/new-video-shows-win...

https://www.indiatvnews.com/technology/news-win...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-plans-f...

I hope this helps. Based on the results you report back I may have other suggestions if necessary. If you will wait to choose whether the problem is resolved, then I will continue to help until the problem is fixed.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices

1. Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft finally expanding

2. Microsoft expands Windows 11 Live Captions to more languages

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft expands Windows 11 Live Captions to more languages: Live Captions is an interesting feature of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. It is a system-wide feature that enables live captions for any type of video stream on the system. Play a video on YouTube in your favorite browser, and you get live captions. Play a local...
  3. Finally no more windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finally no more windows...: No more crappy Windows 10 laptop for my personal computer. No more fighting with a **** UI, error codes, system restarts at random times, or any of the other myriad of stupid problems ive experienced with Windows 10. Windows 10 sucks, so happy to be going back to a Mac book...
  4. Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X: Windows 10X was originally going to be an operating system for dual-screen products like Surface Neo, but it’ll be arriving on traditional single-screen laptops first, according to Microsoft. The final version of Windows 10X includes a new modern File Explorer which has deep...
  5. Windows 10X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10X: I have a laptop with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD. It is not foldablei.e it cannot be used as a tablet nor it has a touchscreen. I have heard that Microsoft is working on Windows 10X for single screened devices. Does it mean that my laptop will get itWindows 10X Update? Please...
  6. Microsoft finalizes Windows 10X update ahead of Spring 2021 launch

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finalizes Windows 10X update ahead of Spring 2021 launch: After a year of teasing and months of complete silence, Windows 10X is finally done and is ready to release to manufacturing (RTM), which means it will be making its way to new laptops early next year. Initially, Windows 10X was expected to launch with Surface Neo (a...
  7. Microsoft to finalize Windows 10X without Win32 apps in December

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to finalize Windows 10X without Win32 apps in December: Way back in October 2019, Microsoft announced Windows 10X, a modular version of Windows 10 aimed at dual-screen, foldable, and new form factors. Microsoft also showed off Windows 10X running on the Surface Neo, which has been delayed until at least 2022 as Microsoft has...
  8. Windows 10x

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10x: Is there any chance now that Panos panay runs Windows that we could get live tiles on Windows 10x? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x/2af305b5-9dcf-4e7b-99fe-9a4418c8cfe8
  9. Microsoft reportedly changes Windows 10X plans for dual-screen devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reportedly changes Windows 10X plans for dual-screen devices: Microsoft is setting internal expectations that it won't deliver any Windows 10X devices in calendar 2020, my contacts say. This isn't really surprising, given what's going on externally with the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. But for enthusiasts who were looking forward to...
  10. Microsoft expands partnerships with leading device manufacturers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft expands partnerships with leading device manufacturers: When I joined Microsoft last September, it was evident I joined a company with bold ambitions and one eager to rethink business norms and foster a new culture of creation. This was motivating given my charter to drive business deals and strategic partnerships across various...