Windows 10: Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app

Discus and support Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OneNote for Windows 10 is finally getting the highly-anticipated dark mode support in the latest update. It’s important to note that only Insiders are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app

OneNote for Windows 10 is finally getting the highly-anticipated dark mode support in the latest update. It’s important to note that only Insiders are receiving a dark theme for Microsoft OneNote and it is expected to debut in the stable version soon.

You can join Microsoft Office Insider program from OneNote’s settings page and grab the update. To join Office Insider, tap on three dots menu in OneNote and open Office Insider page. Select Insider as the Office Insider level and agree to the terms & conditions.

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app OneNote-Insider.jpg

What’s important to know, however, is that Microsoft is using a gradual rollout approach and it could take a while until the dark mode comes to your OneNote installation, even if you’re already part of the Office Insider program.

Some users have already received the update and they have noticed that the pen colours also changed when you switch to dark mode. OneNote makes changes to the pen colour that you used in your documents. For instance, the neon green pen would change to a dark green pen to match the dark background.

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app OneNote-dark-mode.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

It is possible to change the colours of the pen to default, but you have to select everything and swap pens. As per a Reddit discussion, not many users are happy with this change.

“The dark pens look alright when in ideal conditions, i.e. no glare and screen brightness high. However, they’re not nearly as effective as bright pens on white in poor conditions. I would’ve been fine with it if they hadn’t changed previous notes,” a Reddit user wrote.

“Is there a way to keep the pages white and the interface dark. As the dark mode has changed almost all the colours, while that sure is ingenious as it happens automatically but still I like to keep the way I made my notes,” another user expressed problems with this change.

The post Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 8, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, May 8, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

Kari, May 8, 2019
  4. DAN
    Dan Win User

Roll back to previous version of OneNote (Windows Desktop)

This OneNote 1712 encrypted section bug is discussed here:
    OneNote 2016 Version 1712 - Ctrl+F search slow with Password Protected sections

They provide a temporary solution to roll back OneNote by switching to the semi-annual channel following instructions here:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...w-to-switch-channels-for-office-2016-proplus/

Switching to the semi-annual channel rolled it back to an older version.

The steps are:

Open an administrative cmd prompt

Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun

Run: OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel=Broad

Run: OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user

Thema:

1. Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app - Similar Threads - Microsoft finally rolling

2. Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders with Dark Mode and Zoom Controls: Microsoft has added support for Dark Mode in the Paint app for Windows 11 Insiders. Let's take a closer look at it. Microsoft Paint gets Dark Mode The new mode is not a pure black theme per se, it is sort of a high contrast theme similar to the one that File Explorer has....
  3. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  4. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  5. Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search: On Windows 10, you can always switch between dark and light themes, and even decide if apps should honour the dark mode. Changing theme in Windows 10 affects native apps, Settings, taskbar, notification center, and built-in features, such as File Explorer and context menu....
  6. Google Search dark mode is rolling out with Windows 10 support

in Windows 10 News
    Google Search dark mode is rolling out with Windows 10 support: Users of Windows 10 are finally joining the Google dark mode party. Based on our testing, it’s been confirmed that Google dark mode is now slowly rolling out to desktops running Windows 10, though you might not have it just yet if your device is not included in A/B testing....
  7. Microsoft Get Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Get Out of S Mode: On my laptop when trying to get out of S mode the get button within the Microsoft app store will not work I have updated both my laptop and store but nothing has worked. Are there any other solutions or is there a reason why this is not working for me?...
  8. Microsoft continuing support for OneNote 2016 and adding Dark Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft continuing support for OneNote 2016 and adding Dark Mode: From your flashes of inspiration at 2:00 AM to the list of funny things your children say, or that brilliant idea you had in the conference room, and your ever-growing list of household chores — OneNote holds the notes to your life to track all the things you need to keep in...
  9. Outlook mobile for iOS and Android is rolling out Dark Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook mobile for iOS and Android is rolling out Dark Mode: Today we are starting to roll out dark mode in Outlook for iOS and Android. For added comfort or when a bright screen may not be appropriate, we’re bringing people the choice and flexibility to adapt their experience with a simple and powerful Microsoft 365 Dark Theme...
  10. Dark Mode and more now on OneNote

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Mode and more now on OneNote: [ATTACH] This month, we’re excited to bring you some highly anticipated features in OneNote: Dark Mode, Send to OneNote from Outlook, Insert printouts of Office files, and simplified ribbon for OneNote on the web. Read on below for more information on these highly requested...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OneNote dark mode Win10 PRO 1903