Windows 10: Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app

Discus and support Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OneNote for Windows 10 is finally getting the highly-anticipated dark mode support in the latest update. It’s important to note that only Insiders are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app

OneNote for Windows 10 is finally getting the highly-anticipated dark mode support in the latest update. It’s important to note that only Insiders are receiving a dark theme for Microsoft OneNote and it is expected to debut in the stable version soon.

You can join Microsoft Office Insider program from OneNote’s settings page and grab the update. To join Office Insider, tap on three dots menu in OneNote and open Office Insider page. Select Insider as the Office Insider level and agree to the terms & conditions.

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app OneNote-Insider.jpg

What’s important to know, however, is that Microsoft is using a gradual rollout approach and it could take a while until the dark mode comes to your OneNote installation, even if you’re already part of the Office Insider program.

Some users have already received the update and they have noticed that the pen colours also changed when you switch to dark mode. OneNote makes changes to the pen colour that you used in your documents. For instance, the neon green pen would change to a dark green pen to match the dark background.

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app OneNote-dark-mode.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

It is possible to change the colours of the pen to default, but you have to select everything and swap pens. As per a Reddit discussion, not many users are happy with this change.

“The dark pens look alright when in ideal conditions, i.e. no glare and screen brightness high. However, they’re not nearly as effective as bright pens on white in poor conditions. I would’ve been fine with it if they hadn’t changed previous notes,” a Reddit user wrote.

“Is there a way to keep the pages white and the interface dark. As the dark mode has changed almost all the colours, while that sure is ingenious as it happens automatically but still I like to keep the way I made my notes,” another user expressed problems with this change.

The post Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 8, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, May 8, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

Kari, May 8, 2019
  4. DAN
    Dan Win User

Roll back to previous version of OneNote (Windows Desktop)

This OneNote 1712 encrypted section bug is discussed here:
    OneNote 2016 Version 1712 - Ctrl+F search slow with Password Protected sections

They provide a temporary solution to roll back OneNote by switching to the semi-annual channel following instructions here:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...w-to-switch-channels-for-office-2016-proplus/

Switching to the semi-annual channel rolled it back to an older version.

The steps are:

Open an administrative cmd prompt

Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun

Run: OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel=Broad

Run: OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user

Thema:

1. Microsoft is finally rolling out dark mode to Windows 10’s OneNote app - Similar Threads - Microsoft finally rolling

2. Getting out of S Mode in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting out of S Mode in Windows 10: I have just purchased an ASUS Vivo Book and cannot get out of S Mode in Windows 10. I have clicked on Settings, Update and Security , Activation, and I am given 2 options 'Switch to Windows 10 Home' or 'Upgrade your Edition of Windows' (to 10 Pro in S Mode). There is no...
  3. Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app: Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode that turns your windows and apps to black and changes the text to lighter colour. With the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft brought the dark theme to the File Explorer and it looks like the company is working on improving...
  4. Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to switch out of Windows 10 S mode: When I attempt to switch out of S mode in the microsoft store I get a "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" error. I've tried restarting my computer multiple times, clearing the store cache, getting all available windows and store updates and so on. I also...
  5. How to switch out of S mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch out of S mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft introduced Windows 10 S mode for better security, but it restricted to only using apps from Store. The good news is that there is no charge if you want to leave S mode. So if you want to install [...] This post How to switch out of S mode in Windows 10 is...
  6. Switching Out of "S-Mode" Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switching Out of "S-Mode" Issues: Hi, So, I purchased a Laptop today for casual digital Card Games i.e. Hearthstone, MTGO, etc. And I have caught myself up on all the updates for Windows 10. Followed instructions as to disable S-Mode so that I can download the clients for the Games previously mentioned. So...
  7. Unable to swithc out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to swithc out of S Mode: Hello, Yesterday I got a new Surface and would like to switch out of S Mode, but have not had any luck. When I click "Install" the button goes grey for a moment and then is replaced with "Try Again" and the only message is "Something happened and we couldn't start the...
  8. Can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch out of S mode: Bought a new laptop today and have been trying to switch out of S mode (because it's an absolute joke) and I am being prompted with "Something went wrong and we couldn't start the upgrade". As informative as that explanation is, I have no clue what to do and searches have...
  9. Dark Mode finally makes its way to Windows Community Toolkit Sample App

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Mode finally makes its way to Windows Community Toolkit Sample App: Windows Community Toolkit Sample App is a one-stop shop for Windows 10 developers to get the latest and greatest functions, controls and services for their apps. The app has been out there for a while now and has been massively popular among Windows developers as well as the...
  10. Twitter rolls out updated app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter rolls out updated app for Windows 10: [img] Twitter has finally updated the Windows version of its app to make it work well with the latest version of the OS, which is now rolling out to users globally. The changes mentioned on the Windows Store listing are as follows: Tweets with Twitter photos, Vine...