Windows 10: Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission

Discus and support Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As we reported last week, Microsoft has been installing the firm’s Office web apps on Windows 10 PCs without user permission. This behaviour was first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 19, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission

As we reported last week, Microsoft has been installing the firm’s Office web apps on Windows 10 PCs without user permission. This behaviour was first noticed by testers in the Windows Insider program, but later the non-Insiders also started reporting that web apps are getting installed without any interaction.

With Office web apps, you can create, add, and share content simultaneously in the Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint for free.

Office web apps include all basic features and even lets users apply style and formatting to tables. Likewise, you can also insert headers, footers, images, shapes, etc in presentations.

Last week, users found that four of these web apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) were installed automatically on their system with shortcuts in Start Menu, Control Panel, and Settings app.

Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission Office-PWAs.jpg

On one of our devices, Microsoft installed these four apps on October 11 and it was installed without any interaction with Office programs.

Some users noted that Windows 10 is stealthily installing these apps, while others made a fair point that iOS and Android also include pre-installed apps.

Regardless, I’ve heard from my sources that this behaviour is the result of both a feature and a bug.

The automatic and unexpected installation of these apps is caused by Microsoft Edge bug that installed Office websites as apps instead of creating simple shortcuts. In addition, these links are supposed to show up only when Office is not already installed on the system.

If you already have Office desktop apps installed or you don’t want to use web apps, you can get rid of them through Control Panel > Program and Features or Settings > Apps & Features page.

It’s also worth noting that Microsoft has paused the rollout of the web apps in Windows 10 until it figures out a better approach.

The post Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 19, 2020

2. Top Border edges of Web Pages in Microsoft Edge or in the Mail App missing Windows 10.

Hi Samson,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

We understand that, top Border edges of Web Pages on Microsoft Edge and the Mail App are missing on Windows 10.

We are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

• Is this issue specific to Microsoft Edge and the Mail App ?
    I suggest you to press F11 key on these Microsoft Edge and Mail App Windows and check, if you could get all options on top Border edges of these Windows.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Edge app version released for Android - May 18

Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once youve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a beat.

WHAT'S NEW

Thanks for using Microsoft Edge! Heres whats new in this release:
    • Sign in with a Microsoft Family account to get real-time web activity reporting, content filtering, and other secure features to help keep kids safe on mobile.
    Weve also made some general bug fixes and performance improvements.

Source: Microsoft Edge - Apps on Google Play

Brink, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Edge app version released for Android - June 19

Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once youve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a beat.

WHAT'S NEW

Thanks for using Microsoft Edge! Heres whats new in this release:
    • Sign in with a Microsoft Family account to get real-time web activity reporting, content filtering, and other secure features to help keep kids safe on mobile.
    Weve also made some general bug fixes and performance improvements.

Source: Microsoft Edge - Apps on Google Play

Brink, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission - Similar Threads - Microsoft fixing Edge

2. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store installing game without permission: So i recently tried to install Halo from Microsoft store.But then i changed my mind and cancelled the installation.But it just doesn't seem to stop.no matter ehat i do,it still shows up.it is not downloading...it's just there and hogging my local disk c space...i have tried...
  3. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store installing game without permission: So i recently tried to install Halo from Microsoft store.But then i changed my mind and cancelled the installation.But it just doesn't seem to stop.no matter ehat i do,it still shows up.it is not downloading...it's just there and hogging my local disk c space...i have tried...
  4. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft store installing apps without my permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store installing apps without my permission: Good day,Microsoft store installing apps without my permission even when Update apps automatically is tuned off. It just downloaded "Photos Media Engine Add-on" of 93MB and I have limited internet data!Any advice to stop this from happening?Fran...
  6. Is Microsoft Edge taking browser data without permission? Not really

in Windows 10 News
    Is Microsoft Edge taking browser data without permission? Not really: As of May 2020, Google Chrome has 70% of the browser usage share and Microsoft Edge trails far behind with 8%, but Edge has seen improvement in its usage after Microsoft switched over to Chromium and increased marketing efforts. To get more users to the new Edge browser,...
  7. There looks to be a bug with app permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There looks to be a bug with app permissions: Hi, as said there looks to be a bug (or thinking difference) on app permissions. I was having a case where I was granting rights for my son to play Roblox. And we did it via email and app wasnicely appearing to the allways allowed app list. So this far everything was...
  8. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  9. Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App: Hi All My staff currently use the OWA when they connect to our server remotely via Juniper . Windows 10, in conjunction with the outlook web app and Microsoft Edge, seem to dissalow the attachments of items within an e-mail. When I open an e-mail, click on attach,...
  10. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps getting Installed Without my Permission: This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it. This is just annoying and rude so to...