Windows 10: Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

Discus and support Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ramy_, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Ramy_ Win User

Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't find anyway to stop it from upgrading my computer, I've tried Windows 11 on my laptop and its so bad and laggy and not optimized for my AMD processor.Also everything requires me to have to do two steps, because of that stupid right click menu more options menu Anyway I would like to stop Windows from upgrading any solution

:)

Ramy_, Feb 19, 2022

2. IE 11 won't load, white screen, after win 10 upgrade.

I have this issue as well and noted it in another post. None of the MS support suggestions work.

The issue is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, IE 11 will only display web pages that are listed in the "compatibility view." Obviously we cannot add every web page to the compatibility view list. Is there a way to force IE 11 to open all web pages
    in compatibility view? I am not expecting an answer really but since upgrading Windows 10, I have been forced by Microsoft to adopt a new browser. So, now I use Chrome for everything.

NeilBurkhouse, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Pixelated Win User
    Microsoft Confirms DirectX 11 to Accompany Windows 7

Microsoft has even managed to turn DirectX into a joke. Just another marketing gimmick to be used by MS tools to peddle their wares and force upgrades. Let me guess DirectX 11 will be a Vista II.... er I mean a Windows 7 exclusive? Fucking great.

Pixelated, Feb 19, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Hit by First Successful Windows 10 Forced Upgrade Lawsuit

Microsoft has been hit by the first successful lawsuit over its forced Windows 10 upgrade. The first of possibly many, Teri Goldstein from California, successfully sued Microsoft for $10,000 in damages and legal fees over its deceptively designed Windows 10 upgrade software, which automatically downloaded and upgraded her computer's Windows 7 installation almost without the consent of the user. She convinced the court that the upgrade made her computer slower, and that she lost business due to the upgrade process and the slowing down of her computer. Microsoft dropped its appeal and paid up.

Microsoft is heavily criticized for the way it distributes its free Windows 10 upgrade for PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 8. What started out as an optional upgrade, quickly evolved into an almost unavoidable upgrade that forces itself upon the users, through clever design of the upgrade software's user interface. Microsoft recently changed Windows 10 upgrade into a "recommended update" for Windows 7/8, making users with auto-install for recommended updates discover that their machines have been upgraded almost without their consent. Could this be the first of many successful lawsuits over this issue at least in a precedent-driven American civil justice system?

Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11 165a_thm.jpg

Source: The Guardian, Many Thanks to revin for the tip.

btarunr, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft forcing upgrade

2. Forced Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Win 11 upgrade: [ATTACH] My computer initiated a Win 11 update without any warning. Now it showed this screen submitted by /u/Travelingexec2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16xzxlm/forced_win_11_upgrade/
  3. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  4. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  5. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  6. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  7. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 Laptop is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11.: First off: I dislike Windows 11 because of how laggy it is, I've tried it twice but my machine can't handle it, so I decided to stay with Windows 10.Now here's the problem. I've disabled the "Beta Testing" feature, i've checked the "Stop getting preview builds" feature, I in...
  9. Windows forced Upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows forced Upgrades: I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times! 2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge will not launch B. All sound from my PC is gone even though I have a...
  10. Will upgrading my motherboard force me to reactivate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will upgrading my motherboard force me to reactivate windows?: Currently my PC is using a old motherboard that has a old CPU in it because my other motherboard with my completely fine i7 in it broke. I now have the money to buy a new motherboard but I'm worried that when I swap motherboards and CPUs my windows will need to be...