Windows 10: Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update

Discus and support Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released a new Insider build for its Windows 11 operating system. Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22610 introduces new group policies for IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 30, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update

Microsoft released a new Insider build for its Windows 11 operating system. Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22610 introduces new group policies for IT administrators, that modify the default functionality of the taskbar, Start menu and the system tray.

Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update task-man-colors.png

Administrators may enable the following policies in the Group Policy Editor or deploy them using Microsoft Endpoint Manager. All policies are listed under User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar in the new Insider build.

Here is the list of the policies:

• Disable Quick Settings flyout
    • Disable Notification Center and calendar flyouts
    • Disable all taskbar settings
    • Disable search (across Start & taskbar)
    • Hide Task View from taskbar
    • Block customization of ‘Pinned’ in Start
    • Hide ‘Recommended’ in Start
    • Disable Start context menus
    • Hide ‘All apps’ in Start

Administrators may configure the policies to limit functionality on Windows 11 PCs. Some restrict core operating system features such as Search, others block flyouts that users may find distracting. The policies may be useful in some environments, e.g., on kiosk systems that should not allow users to run searches or use other features that should not be available in first place.

The new Windows Insider build includes improvements to the Family Safety Widget. The widget supports a new location sharing view that shows the locations of connected family members, those who use the Family Safety app on their devices, on a map. Microsoft notes that there is also an improved screen time view that displays how long different devices and apps have been used on a given day.

The new build has no watermark on the desktop anymore, but Microsoft notes that the watermark will be restored in future updates of the operating system.

Windows 11 version 22610's Task Manager uses accent colors for the heatmap.

Dev and Beta builds have the SMB1 client disabled by default; this will be the default for the next feature update version of Windows 11. For now, this is limited to Insider builds of the operating system.

Microsoft continues to fix plenty of issues in new Insider builds. The release of Windows 11 version 22H2 comes closer, and it is an important release for Microsoft, as it gives an indicator on the maturity of the operating system.

You can check out the full release notes of the latest Windows 11 Insider build here.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 30, 2022

2. Latest Win 10 Insider update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue in updating to latest Windows 10 build. We are here to help you.

I suggest you to run the Windows update troubleshooter and try to update the Windows 10.
    Follow the steps provided below to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on Windows Updates.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 30, 2022
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 30, 2022
  4. Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update

Simplifying updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Just experienced this myself. I wanted to download the update because this is a massive problem and fresh installs of Windows 7 are still in my future. I don't have a problem using IE11 but...
    1. I add the download to my cart.
    2. Click on basket.
    3. Click on download.
    4. Window pops up asking to browse for folder.
    5. Click on it, UAC pops up demanding admin password. "No problem," I thought.
    6. Enter admin password. Nothing happens.
    7. Close window and repeat steps 3-6. Getting frustrated now.
    8. Right-click and select refresh.
    9. Repeat steps 4-6.
    10. WTF?
    11. Come to the sad realization I'll have to sign off and sign in as the admin account just to download a file.
    12. Give up.

Terrible indeed. I'll have to do it eventually though. *Frown Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update :(

Edit:
    Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update [​IMG]

FordGT90Concept, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update

1. Microsoft is giving Windows 11 admins more control in latest Insider update - Similar Threads - Microsoft giving admins

2. Latest Windows Update/insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update/insider program: Since mid-last week, I have been trying to install the latest pre-release/preview: 10.025120.1010/Oxc1900101. I get through the first part okay, however when the computer restarts to the second part, it gets as far as 91% and won't go any further. I've let it go for as long...
  3. Latest Windows Update/insider program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update/insider program: Since mid-last week, I have been trying to install the latest pre-release/preview: 10.025120.1010/Oxc1900101. I get through the first part okay, however when the computer restarts to the second part, it gets as far as 91% and won't go any further. I've let it go for as long...
  4. microsoft insider program windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft insider program windows 11 update: will i lost my apps and data if i switch to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-insider-program-windows-11-update/ebcdaf07-0d79-4953-8da2-ed660885c3e7
  5. Latest Windows Insider update 20201.1000

Latest Windows Insider update 20201.1000: Really Microsoft?! someone needs to be fired in your company it seems, why the update used literally 35GB of space if when I updated by the iso i only needed 4.5GB? It never needed 35Gb of update, it always were at max 15gb. I had to update by iso to be able to install...
  6. Latest Insider Update Shadowplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Insider Update Shadowplay: Hi there! I just updated my Windows 10 with the latest Insider Update. The problem arised when I tried to record something with Nvidia Shadowplay: It can not record anything. I tried exiting all applications, and then restarting the connected Nvidia services, but no...
  7. Latest update gives me BSOD

Latest update gives me BSOD: I have been pausing the update for weeks now. It will continue in the start of August and im super scared that i wont be able to use my pc again. I tried updating my pc a couple times with no luck...I just get the blue screen of death. My only option is to do a system...
  8. make windows 10 better by: giving more control to the user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    make windows 10 better by: giving more control to the user.: make windows 10 better by: 1. giving more control to the user. 2. update the interface. 3. add more setting choices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/-/19f8bf12-8c6d-474f-9a50-0573d3a07791
  9. Give me control of updates!!

Give me control of updates!!: This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug. I put my laptop to sleep and go back to it an hours later. It says "installing updates" that I didn't ask it to download in the...
  10. Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook: As part of Data Privacy Day, we’re introducing a new education campaign to help you understand how data is used on Facebook and how you can manage your own data. We’re also announcing plans to make your core privacy settings easier to find, and sharing our privacy principles...