Windows 10: Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down

Discus and support Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A Windows 10 bug or design flaw is causing taskbar’s jump list (right-click menu) to slow down on some computers. Windows 10 taskbar comes with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 31, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down

A Windows 10 bug or design flaw is causing taskbar’s jump list (right-click menu) to slow down on some computers. Windows 10 taskbar comes with a feature called ‘Jump List’, which has been around since Windows 7 and it allows you to right-click an app’s icon to access frequently used items.

For example, when you right-click Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge icon pinned to the taskbar, you can find recent items you were working on, frequently visited websites, and option to close the browser’s window.

If you closely observe the animation of taskbar’s right-click many, you’ll notice that there is a delay of 200-250ms until the menu appears.

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down Windows-10-Taskbar.jpg

“This is well beyond the ideal human interaction times and is a constant frustration. I don’t want to wait for my computer, especially when doing simple and repetitive actions that I know it should be able to do roughly ten times faster,” Google engineer Bruce Dawson noted, who observed this behaviour on a device with 32GB of memory and 2TB SSD.

Windows 10’s jump list delay happens with all programs, including Notepad.

“From the mouse-up event to ShellExperienceHost.exe gaining focus is approximately 120 ms. From the focus change to the large spike of GPU activity which I believe represents the menu being rendered is approximately 110 ms,” Bruce Dawson noted.

“Thus, in the particular event that I am looking at the total latency is 230 ms. This is fairly consistent across multiple traces, multiple clicks on the same entry, etc,” Google dev wrote in a Github post.

Bruce also noted that there are many things the Windows team could work on to address the performance issue with right-click on taskbar entries.

Fortunately, the bug report has been acknowledged by Rich Turner, Sr. Program Manager at Microsoft. According to Rich Turner, Microsoft’s product team are currently investigating the report and they’ll share the result of the findings soon.

If you use flagship hardware, chances are you won’t notice taskbar performance problems, but the delay could be noticeable on low-end hardware, especially older devices.

The post Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 31, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 31, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down

1. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down - Similar Threads - Microsoft investigating bug

2. Windows 10 taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar bug: This problem is since 3 days. The options to close window and some other options are not available. I have to force restart " windows explorer" through task manager to fix it. Here is my windows 10 version.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12-‎02-‎2023 OS...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar bug: This problem is since 3 days. The options to close window and some other options are not available. I have to force restart " windows explorer" through task manager to fix it. Here is my windows 10 version.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12-‎02-‎2023 OS...
  4. Microsoft slowed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft slowed down: Hello Community,Today is 04/12/2023. Yesterday my computer works perfectly fine and today it get slowed a lot, I am using ssd, CPU as i9- 9th generation and GPU as Quatro T2000 weirdly its not possible to slow down for this computer its work station. I did not load or unload...
  5. Microsoft slowed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft slowed down: Hello Community,Today is 04/12/2023. Yesterday my computer works perfectly fine and today it get slowed a lot, I am using ssd, CPU as i9- 9th generation and GPU as Quatro T2000 weirdly its not possible to slow down for this computer its work station. I did not load or unload...
  6. Laptop slowed down, possible cause?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop slowed down, possible cause?: This service is using up 26% of CPU usage and seems to be causing a slow down. Can i eliminate this service or uninstall the program? Didn't experience this until recently when i upgraded to a 1440p monitor (laptop resolution is 1080p) and noticed a significant lag in...
  7. Bug in Taskbar of windows 10.

Bug in Taskbar of windows 10.: OS : Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 20241.rs_prerelease.201016-1450 Respected Developers / Technicians I have placed my taskbar in in windows 10 at the left of the screen but when I click on the start button the taskbar overlaps the left side of...
  8. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that messes login credentials

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that messes login credentials: Last month, we reported about one new issue in Windows 10 that could disrupt the Credentials Manager, making it difficult for consumers and even business customers to log in to certain apps, such as Google Chrome. In addition, this nasty bug could also log you out of your...
  9. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues: Windows 10 KB4556799 is plagued with audio issues and temporary user profile bug, according to user reports. Additionally, it appears that Windows 10’s important security patch is causing performance issues including frame-rate drops and Blue Screen of Death errors. Some...
  10. Microsoft edge taskbar bug. Windows 10

Microsoft edge taskbar bug. Windows 10: Hello everybody. I have some kind of bug, I suppose. I cant pin or unpin Microsoft Edge's icon on the taskbar. I have tried system reboot, edge reset, drug and drop, pin and unpin with a "start" etc. At the moment there is empty icon on the taskbar; when I click on...