Windows 10: Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

Discus and support Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 KB4549951, which was released on April 14 with security fixes, is reportedly plagued with serious issues for some users. The update is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 24, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

Windows 10 KB4549951, which was released on April 14 with security fixes, is reportedly plagued with serious issues for some users. The update is only available for consumers with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909, and the patch contains security fixes.

Initially, users who have tried to install the latest patch reported update error messages and installation failures. Later, other users started complaining that once KB4549951 is installed on their computers, they start to encounter Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, system performance, and other annoying problems.

Reports of the dreaded Blue Screen of Death also emerged after consumers deployed the patch released earlier this month. Blue Screen of Death is particularly nasty as it makes the entire PC unresponsive and it requires a reboot, which increases the change of losing any unsaved work.

For some people, problems introduced with Windows 10 KB4549951 are far more serious. In community forums, users reported that their personal files are moved or deleted after installing the update.

Microsoft has now confirmed that the company is investigating the reports of ‘Bluetooth, Blue Screens and related issues’ with KB4549951.

Microsoft also noted that it does not have enough ‘telemetry, support data, or customer feedback’ for these issues as they were reported on social media.

“We have seen social media reports related to KB4549951 that mention Bluetooth, blue screens, and other related issues,” Microsoft said.

“To date, we have not seen these issues reflected in telemetry, support data, or customer feedback channels. We continuously investigate all customer feedback and are closely monitoring this situation,” the company added.

Users have mostly reported the problems with KB4549951 on public platforms like Microsoft’s forums, Reddit, social media, or site comments.

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues KB4549951-issues.jpg

Microsoft is encouraging users to provide feedback using the Feedback Hub:

“If you experience any issues, we’d like to know. Please provide feedback using the Feedback Hub so that we can investigate,” the Redmond firm stated.

The fact that Microsoft has finally commented on these issues is a promising step, and the company is actively looking at feedbacks to fix this mess.

The post Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 24, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 24, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

Professional Investigator crashes after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you fixing the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Professional Investigator is not being compatible with Windows 10. However, try installing Professional Investigator in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps.

• Right-click on the Professional Investigator setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the application install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

1. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft investigating KB4549951

2. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues: Windows 10 KB4556799 is plagued with audio issues and temporary user profile bug, according to user reports. Additionally, it appears that Windows 10’s important security patch is causing performance issues including frame-rate drops and Blue Screen of Death errors. Some...
  3. Windows 10 update KB4549951 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update KB4549951 problems: What is wrong with this update?? Each time it gets installed after, I have uninstalled it, the login screen takes more than 5 mins to load, the wifi becomes painfully slow and I'm I'm not able to use my system. I have a 32bit system OS on a Dell Inspiron 3431. I never had...
  4. Microsoft update KB4549951

Microsoft update KB4549951: I installed this update successfully on April 14,2020 and it installed correctly. I just read people where having a lot of problems with it! My computer is running fine so far no problems yet what do I do it is past the uninstall date. Will there be a fix coming out soon...
  5. Windows 10 KB4549951 update is causing critical issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4549951 update is causing critical issues: A handful of Windows 10 users are reporting a wide range of issues after installing Windows 10 KB4549951 cumulative update, while others report an error message when they attempt to download and install important security package, which was released on Tuesday. In...
  6. Issue with April 14, 2020—KB4549951

Issue with April 14, 2020—KB4549951: Hi. Every month when the cumulative update release I come across really annoying issues, specially with sound volume and unrecognised devices usb ports. After installing the update the sound is really low. Before the update at 50% volume the sound was high and now it's lower...
  7. Windows 10 update KB4549951

Windows 10 update KB4549951: I just installed update KB4549951. When I restarted my computer , the startup created 10-12 instances of Word with blank new files. Word is not one of my startup programs. I restarted twice, then did a shut down and turned it back on. Same problem. I uninstalled the...
  8. Major issue with KB4549951 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major issue with KB4549951 update: HI We update window 10 yesterday and causing tons of issue, box doesn't work anymore. We have several clients impact it, computers runs slow, things doesn't work, computer doesn't restart and you need to force a restart to get it to work. Anybody is experiencing any...
  9. KB4549951 causing issues

KB4549951 causing issues: Ever since KB4549951 was installed on my Win 10, my internet speed has slowed to a crawl. It even causes programs to freeze I am about ready to remove it. What's the story?...
  10. Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues: Windows 10 November 2019 Update is a minor release but it reportedly breaks search feature in File Explorer on a number of devices. Microsoft is apparently aware of the bug and a fix is in the pipeline, but it looks like the users’ feedback wouldn’t be heard for another...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft kb4549951 wont let myh setup run on my pc

2. kb4549951 unresponsive

3. What will happen if I delete windows KB4549951 Cumalitive Update

4. kb4549951 problems,
  5. ms update KB4549951 not loading error code 0x800do0986,
  6. KB4549951 windows 10 update issues