Windows 10: Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

Discus and support Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 KB4556799 is plagued with audio issues and temporary user profile bug, according to user reports. Additionally, it appears that Windows 10’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 22, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

Windows 10 KB4556799 is plagued with audio issues and temporary user profile bug, according to user reports. Additionally, it appears that Windows 10’s important security patch is causing performance issues including frame-rate drops and Blue Screen of Death errors.

Some users have reported about this problem on Reddit (1, 2, 3) and Microsoft forums, and others have also complained about Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) on online forums.

Many users have reported that Windows 10 KB4556799 is causing audio issues, where the default audio output stops working or stuttering is noticed.

There is also a re-emergence of the nasty Temporary user profile bug, which hides user files and disables any settings such as desktop wallpaper back to the default values.

While users have flagged bugs across multiple forums, it’s unclear how widespread these issues are and it’s possible that users with a particular configuration are only affected.

In a support document, Microsoft has now confirmed that they are aware of the issues reported online and is investigating the complaints. However, Microsoft says it had not seen any issues in the “telemetry, support data, or customer feedback channels” yet.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft will only have access to telemetry data of Windows Updates when users flag the issues in the Feedback Hub under the correct category. If you have audio problems after the update, you should head to the Feedback Hub and flag the bug under the Audio category.

Most users have posted about the bugs on forums and social channels only. As a result, Microsoft does not have enough telemetry or support data in the customer feedback channels to identify the root cause.

“We are actively engaged with customers who are reporting issues,” Microsoft noted. “We continuously investigate all customer feedback and are closely monitoring this situation.”

Since we first reported on Windows 10’s latest messes, more users have described the problems they’ve faced since installing KB4556799.

If you’re facing issues after recent updates, you can uninstall the update by following these steps:

• Open the Settings menu by typing “Settings” in Windows Search).
    • Choose “Update and Security”.
    • On the left-hand side, click on “Windows Update”.
    • Click on “View Update History.”
    • Click on “Uninstall update” option.

In the next screen, choose KB4556799 and uninstall the update.

The post Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 22, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, May 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

1. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft investigating update

2. Microsoft is investigating Windows Update breaking apps on Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows Update breaking apps on Windows Server 2022: In a statement, Microsoft officials told me the company is aware of an issue that causes apps to crash or appear white/blank on Windows Server 2022 after KB5034129. As we reported earlier, this bug in Windows’ January 2024 update has broken Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox,...
  3. NVIDIA is investigating Windows 11 2022 Update game performance issue

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA is investigating Windows 11 2022 Update game performance issue: Windows users with NVIDIA powered graphics cards may want to skip the upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 Update feature update for now, as several, who have made the plunge, reported that game performance has dropped significantly on their systems. [ATTACH] Microsoft has yet to...
  4. Microsoft Internal Solorigate Investigation Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Internal Solorigate Investigation Update: As we said in our recent blog, we believe the Solorigate incident is an opportunity to work together in important ways, to share information, strengthen defenses and respond to attacks. Like other SolarWinds customers, we have been actively looking for indicators of the...
  5. Microsoft is actively investigating Windows 10’s latest failure

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is actively investigating Windows 10’s latest failure: Yes, we’re again talking about Windows 10, which in recent times has been plagued by an alarming amount of bugs. Windows 10’s September 2020 update, which was released on September 8, comes with an issue that convinced some users to uninstall it immediately. Earlier this...
  6. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that messes login credentials

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that messes login credentials: Last month, we reported about one new issue in Windows 10 that could disrupt the Credentials Manager, making it difficult for consumers and even business customers to log in to certain apps, such as Google Chrome. In addition, this nasty bug could also log you out of your...
  7. “Investigate router or access point issues”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Investigate router or access point issues”: First things first here is my hardware and software I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1909 through bootcamp on my 15 inch macbook pro with 64-bit OS. 15.9/16 gb ram available and intel coretm i7-7700hq cpu 2.8 ghz for about a week now I have been struggling with...
  8. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues: Windows 10 KB4549951, which was released on April 14 with security fixes, is reportedly plagued with serious issues for some users. The update is only available for consumers with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909, and the patch contains security fixes. Initially, users who...
  9. Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will investigate Windows 10 File Explorer issues: Windows 10 November 2019 Update is a minor release but it reportedly breaks search feature in File Explorer on a number of devices. Microsoft is apparently aware of the bug and a fix is in the pipeline, but it looks like the users’ feedback wouldn’t be heard for another...
  10. Microsoft investigates blocked Windows 10 Mobile updates for 950 950XL

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft investigates blocked Windows 10 Mobile updates for 950 950XL: Despite a new update to Windows 10 Mobile being deployed to non-Insiders only a few hours ago, there have been reports that not all Lumia 950 series handsets are able to see it. According to a thread over on Microsoft Answers, an undetermined percentage of Insiders have...