Windows 10: Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been collaborating closely with Google Chrome to work on modern form controls for Chromium-based browsers. As we spotted in the past few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 15, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10

Microsoft has been collaborating closely with Google Chrome to work on modern form controls for Chromium-based browsers. As we spotted in the past few months, Microsoft has been looking into different ways to modernize form controls to update design of basic UI elements like date picker.

The modern web controls in Chromium will also offer improved touch friendliness and accessibility that has always been offered with the original Microsoft Edge. Microsoft noted that it plans to bring the refreshed controls to Chromium Edge with the upcoming preview builds, and other Chromium browsers will also gain these improvements.

With improved form controls support in Chromium, Microsoft hopes to offer continuity of design and user experience across Windows.

Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10 Modern-web-controls.jpg

Better touch and accessibility support

Form controls will also prepare Chromium browsers for new form factors that use a touchscreen.

“We heard your feedback looking for a better touch input experience in our early Chromium preview builds, and set out to take an inventory of the controls to identify opportunities to improve the touch experience,” Microsoft said.

Microsoft also plans to improve accessibility features in Chromium with form controls which offer deeper integration with Windows 10.

The post Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Oct 15, 2019
  3. LEOPEVA64 Win User
    Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser

UPDATE 12/6: Microsof Edge Making web better through more open source collaboration - Windows 10 Forums

Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge on Windows 10.

"Microsoft's Edge web browser has seen little success since its debut on Windows 10 back in 2015. Built from the ground up with a new rendering engine known as EdgeHTML, Microsoft Edge was designed to be fast, lightweight, and secure, but launched with a plethora of issues which resulted in users rejecting it early on. Edge has since struggled to gain any traction, thanks to its continued instability and lack of mindshare, from users and web developers.

Because of this, I'm told that Microsoft is throwing in the towel with EdgeHTML and is instead building a new web browser powered by Chromium, a rendering engine first popularized by Google's Chrome browser. Codenamed Anaheim..."

When I read this news I had almost the same feeling as when I read about the "death" of Groove, I'm not saying that Edge is going to die by any means but, for some reason, I had almost exactly the same feeling.
    This is huge news.

LEOPEVA64, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10

Jsssssssss, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10

1. Microsoft is modernizing web controls in Chromium for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft modernizing web

2. Is there a way to change the file directory that Microsoft Edge Chromium downloads web...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the file directory that Microsoft Edge Chromium downloads web...: Hi,A number of months ago, I switched over from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge because of its lower RAM usage and similarities to Chrome, among other things - it's a fantastic browser, and I have very little complaints about it. However, I've been wondering for quite some...
  3. The Windows 10 Control Panel modernization continues

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 10 Control Panel modernization continues: In the next version of Windows 10, a few more decades-old bits of Windows is finally getting moved to the Settings app. While the Settings app is gaining new powers to control your computer system settings, Microsoft says Control Panel is here to stay, at least for now....
  4. Microsoft chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft chromium: Hello i updated to the Microsoft Edge chromium and when windows loads up i get a page from www.guce.co.uk how can i get rid of this please it has various lines cloud server monitor and about 10 other lines cloud application monitoring,server and network monitoring 158393
  5. Google to use Microsoft’s modern controls in Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Google to use Microsoft’s modern controls in Chrome browser: Microsoft jumped onto the Chromium bandwagon in 2018 and the change has resulted in a number of positives for the company, users, and even Google. Last year, Google agreed to update Chrome with Microsoft’s solution for longer battery life, which should reduce the browser’s...
  6. The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download: [ATTACH]Fans of the new Microsoft Edge web browser that is based on the Chromium engine, should rejoice right now because the browser is out of […] This post The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/di9zkg/improving_form_controls_in_microsoft_edge_and/
  8. Microsoft improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium: Since we began work on the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, we’ve been investigating ways to modernize form controls to provide a modern appearance as well as the touch friendliness and accessibility that our users expect from Microsoft Edge today. Over the...
  9. windows 10 and microsoft modern mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 and microsoft modern mouse: my bluetooth modern mouse stops working until I reboot, is there any solution? I have changed to the last driver, but no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-microsoft-modern-mouse/c3dcf6cd-092c-4274-9491-019ff4fa7a12
  10. Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser: Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser that will replace Edge on Windows 10. "Microsoft's Edge web browser has seen little success since its debut on Windows 10 back in 2015. Built from the ground up with a new rendering engine known as EdgeHTML, Microsoft Edge...