Windows 10: Microsoft is porting Edge-style scrolling to Chromium on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is porting Edge-style scrolling to Chromium on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft launched its much-anticipated Chromium-based Edge browser for Windows 10, Windows 7 and macOS. Chromium Edge offers same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is porting Edge-style scrolling to Chromium on Windows 10

Earlier this year, Microsoft launched its much-anticipated Chromium-based Edge browser for Windows 10, Windows 7 and macOS. Chromium Edge offers same speedy performance as Microsoft’s previous UWP Edge and the firm is also working on improvements to scrolling that will benefit all Chromium-based browsers.

Scrolling has always felt smooth in Microsoft Edge than Google Chrome and it looks Microsoft is considering porting the Edge-style scrolling to the Chromium open-source platform.

According to a new commit, Microsoft is working on a number of changes to port ‘Edge-style scrolling into Chromium’. For instance, Microsoft is implementation percent-based scrolling for Windows to further enhance the performance.

“This CL implements percent-based scrolling for Windows. This makes mousewheel and keyboard-initiated scrolls be interpreted as a percentage of the size of the intended scroller, instead of being translated directly into pixels. This is done as a part of the effort to port Edge-style scrolling into Chromium,” wrote Matthew Amert, a senior software engineer at Microsoft.

Middle-click scrolling improvements also planned

As per a commit posted on August 15, Microsoft is also testing a fix for middle-click’s odd behaviour. According to a bug post filed by Microsoft, middle click autoscrolling doesn’t work when trying to scroll in an unavailable direction first.

“If you try to scroll in the unavailable direction first without scrolling in an available direction, it doesn’t ever allow autoscrolling to work. This continues to happen each time you middle click until you scroll in the available direction,” the company said.

Microsoft’s commit will apparently fix the issue by latching to the node the user middle-clicked that would prevent this latching to an ancestor and will scroll the intended node.

In addition to scrolling improvements, Microsoft has started working on improved audio processing support for Chromium and the firm is also looking into multiple options to reduce battery consumption.

The post Microsoft is porting Edge-style scrolling to Chromium on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium?
    MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0

**Original Title**

Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brian Rices, Aug 30, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

A first look at Microsoft’s new Chromium-powered Edge browser

Microsoft is rebuilding its Edge browser on Chromium. The software maker has been testing versions of this browser internally at Microsoft, and now The Verge has secured an exclusive first look at the early work thanks to a source who wishes to remain anonymous. While the previously leaked screenshots made Edge look very similar to Chrome, Microsoft is adding its own touches and animations to make it look and feel like a Windows browser.

Microsoft is porting Edge-style scrolling to Chromium on Windows 10 [​IMG]

When you first install the Chromium version of Edge, Microsoft will prompt you to import favorites, passwords, and browsing history from Chrome or Edge (depending on your default). The setup screen also prompts you to pick a style for the default tab page before you start browsing.

Source
    Author: Tom Warren

swarfega, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft is porting Edge-style scrolling to Chromium on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft porting Edge

2. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  3. Chromium Edge: Can you have a custom style sheet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium Edge: Can you have a custom style sheet?: I hate Segoe UI and want to change the font to something else. It's painful to look at. submitted by /u/typehint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbhg0r/chromium_edge_can_you_have_a_custom_style_sheet/
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome: Ever since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain projects. For example, Google is closely working with Microsoft to optimize Android for dual-screen devices like Surface Duo. Similarly, Microsoft is actively...
  7. Scrolling in the Chromium Edge is now as responsive as the classic Edge on Windows 10, says...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling in the Chromium Edge is now as responsive as the classic Edge on Windows 10, says...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_post_tech_articles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9klyw/scrolling_in_the_chromium_edge_is_now_as/
  8. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f
  9. Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is available for testers with a limited set of features as the browser is still in the early days of development. Microsoft is also focusing on the new features that would arrive in Edge in future and the company shared details of upcoming improvements at Build...
  10. Chromium Edge for Windows 10 to come with scrolling, media improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium Edge for Windows 10 to come with scrolling, media improvements: Yesterday, Microsoft released Chromium-powered Edge browser for Windows 10. As Microsoft has switched the Edge browser base to Chromium which also powers Chrome, the browser has some of the Chrome features. Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will continue to evolve and the final...