Windows 10: Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug

Discus and support Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A recent Windows 10 Photos app update has been causing problems for some users where the default imager viewer would crash when accessing photos. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug

A recent Windows 10 Photos app update has been causing problems for some users where the default imager viewer would crash when accessing photos. The issue was also reported by users on Microsoft’s answer forum, Feedback Hub, and Twitter.

We were able to reproduce the issue on a device running Windows 10’s May 2020 Update and it appears that Microsoft has finally released a fix for the bug to the testers in the Dev Channel.

User responses on social media suggest that this could be caused due to an update pushed via the Microsoft Store in May, or due to the Windows 10 version 2004.

The problem was being triggered when users open an image from File Explorer or desktop, which would result in the Photos app getting stuck with a black or white screen, after which the UWP app would crash.

Unfortunately, a bug report is not generated or logged by Event Viewer, which means you cannot diagnose the problem or the flag the issue in the Feedback Hub with correct information.

“Photos app seems prone to crashing when viewing many images, having multiple photos open at the same time, and leave them open for some time. After a while, a photo window reverts to the photos the main page and a current image is lost (can’t use forward),” one user noted in the Feedback Hub post.

“The photo window opens but stays white/black with no content. Happens randomly and inconsistently, has been going on for weeks,” another user wrote.

Fortunately, Microsoft has started rolling out Photos app v2020.20090.1002.0 to the testers in the Dev Channel of Windows Insider program with a fix for the crashing bug. However, it is worth noting that there have been no official responses on the probable cause of the crash.

We’ll update this article when more details are available.

The post Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 2, 2020
  2. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Sep 2, 2020
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug

1. Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug - Similar Threads - Microsoft preparing fix

2. Microsoft photos app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos app crashing: I was excited to read recently that Microsoft Photos is supposed to replicate some of Google Photos' functionality, like searching for specific things pictured in a library of photos butterfly, dog, statue of liberty. I've added a folder of about 100 photos to it...
  3. Microsoft photos app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos app crashing: I was excited to read recently that Microsoft Photos is supposed to replicate some of Google Photos' functionality, like searching for specific things pictured in a library of photos butterfly, dog, statue of liberty. I've added a folder of about 100 photos to it...
  4. Microsoft Photos bug

Microsoft Photos bug: When I crop an image with a length of 1314 any width in Microsoft Photos, I find that I cannot save the image without changing the length of the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-bug/967c04ba-c286-4c49-bbf4-f62bf5013d5a
  5. Microsoft is preparing a fix for a Windows 10 bug that affects SSDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is preparing a fix for a Windows 10 bug that affects SSDs: submitted by /u/CataclysmZA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iipc8c/microsoft_is_preparing_a_fix_for_a_windows_10_bug/
  6. Microsoft Fix the Windows 10 bug!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Fix the Windows 10 bug!: Wanneer komt er een Windows 10 bug Fix, want Start heeft nooit gewerkt, dus geen apps, geen store... niks werkt. Ik vraag dus om een update! Een Bug Fix! Alstublieft! Dus niet: "U moet of kan....", maar Een Windows Bugs Fix... Windows Service Pack!...
  7. Microsoft Photos app crashes

Microsoft Photos app crashes: Hi, up until today (May 5, 2019), whenever I select the "File Information" option in the Microsoft Photos app, it would display the image information on the left hand side of the image. Now, when I select on the "File Information" option, the app crashes. (See screenshot...
  8. Microsoft Photo App crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo App crashing: I cannot open the Microsoft Photo App since it crashes instantly. Troubleshooting and resetting this app didn’t help/ Any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-crashing/ded2a77d-f109-4426-87f7-5f020cf3041f"
  9. windows photos app bug

windows photos app bug: I have recently faced a bug in photos app of windows 10. When the photos app is minimized , and we hover over the photos app's icon in the taskbar and try to close the app just from the small view that is visible by hovering , it does not close .But when we maximize it, it...
  10. Windows 10 email app BUG. When will Microsoft fix it?

Windows 10 email app BUG. When will Microsoft fix it?: Suddenly, my Windows 10 laptop email app once again keeps showing I have 1 new email. I don't. I have NO new emails and NO unread emails. I am not technical and thus will not perform technical Microsoft suggested fixes (what I consider brain surgery) on my device to try to...