Windows 10: Microsoft is putting ads in its Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365

Discus and support Microsoft is putting ads in its Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Mail app is once again the testing ground for controversial new features, and this time the app is showing ads. As spotted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft is putting ads in its Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365

:)

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
  2. tracit99 Win User

Mail App shows Get Office 365 ad

Has anyone else seen the Get Office 365 (lower left bottom below folders) ad in Windows Mail app version 17.9126.21055.0? Microsoft is leaving no stone un-turned.

tracit99, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Nov 16, 2018
  4. palser14 Win User

Outlook Mail windows 10 and OFFICE 365

Due to a recent cyber fraud incident on my Windows PC, I have run a full reset, and on 20/11/17 installed Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64 bit) and the latest Microsoft Office 365 home Personal Version 1710 (Build
    8625.2139 Click-to-Run)

Unfortunately, I was not aware that Microsoft had ceased to have my e-mail management program, Windows Live Mail, available to download.

So, I looked at the two e-mail management apps available in Windows, to use for managing my e-mails on the computer i.e. [A] Office 365 Outlook Mail or the Windows 10 Mail app.

Having decided to continue with option [A] Office 365, for my main gmail.com account and use the Windows 10 Mail app. for my secondary gmail.com account. Both e-mail accounts are linked to an IMAP server (Virgin Media).

Previously I was happy to access my secondary email on the web, as I had little need for offline storage on that account.

However, I concerned that deleting the email address registered on the Windows 10 Mail app will also remove everything on the Office 265 Mail App, where I have filing my e-mails in personal storage folders (i.e. available offline)

The default e-mail app is set to Outlook 2016 with icon for Office 265 Mail.

Will that default operate for all programs or just those in Office 365?

Moved from: [Outlook.com / Email / Adding email accounts]

palser14, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is putting ads in its Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365 - Similar Threads - Microsoft putting ads

2. Windows 10 Mail app can't find settings for Office 365 Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app can't find settings for Office 365 Account: Hey guys,I have an issue I am not able to resolve and I can't find any helpful solutions searching for it. We have all of our users in Exchange Online and some of our field service users are using the Windows 10 Mail App because they only get mails like once a day, so they...
  3. Office 365 not syncing with Mail app on Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Office 365 not syncing with Mail app on Surface: I keep trying to use my new Office 365 email on my Mail app on the Surface and it keeps telling me it can't find the settings. I then try and use the Mail settings use for POP3 settings and it just errors for me....
  4. Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app

Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app: I want to get access to shared mailboxes using the Windows 10 native app. I managed to do this in the Android Outlook app, but no luck so far on the Windows app. I have found some threads about it like:...
  5. Microsoft 365 Editor in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft 365 Editor in Windows 10 mail app: Hello, I have a Microsoft 365 subscription. Can I add the editor app to the mail app in windows 10. I know that the extension works in outlook but I prefer the mail app as it is less heavy on the system...
  6. Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365: Design is becoming the heart and soul of Office. Learn how we evolved our visual identity to reflect the simple, powerful, and intelligent experiences of Office 365. [img] Whoever said that nothing is more intimidating than the blank page probably never faced a redesign....
  7. Microsoft was putting ads in Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft was putting ads in Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365: The Windows 10 Mail app is once again the testing ground for controversial new features, and this time the app is showing ads. As spotted by Aggiornamenti Lumia, the advertisements are only showing up for some users, and they're only there for those that don't subscribe to...
  8. Adding an Office 365 account to Windows 10 apps

Adding an Office 365 account to Windows 10 apps: None of the Windows 10 apps on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5567) will integrate nicely with my Office 365 account. I.e. when I try to sign into any of these apps using my Office 365 account details, it does not work. Is this because I am not logged into the laptop itself using...
  9. Microsoft is giving its Office 365 apps a makeover

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft is giving its Office 365 apps a makeover: Microsoft is giving its Office 365 apps a makeover A simplified ribbon, new search experience, and more are coming to Microsoft's Office apps. Read all about in this link Microsoft is giving its Office 365 apps a makeover | Windows Central looking forward to trying this 112170
  10. Mail App shows Get Office 365 ad

Mail App shows Get Office 365 ad: Has anyone else seen the Get Office 365 (lower left bottom below folders) ad in Windows Mail app version 17.9126.21055.0? Microsoft is leaving no stone un-turned. 106608