Windows 10: Microsoft is quiet

Discus and support Microsoft is quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my microsoft has started being really quiet, even at 100 volume. I have the equalizing boost on and it helps a little bit, but 100 is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IncrediblySad, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Microsoft is quiet

Recently my microsoft has started being really quiet, even at 100 volume. I have the equalizing boost on and it helps a little bit, but 100 is still quiet. I've tried updating the driver for both the headphones I've tried, all 3 sets and the driver for the sound itself. DriverEasy says that my Realtek Audio driver is outdated, but I have to manually install it and I cannot find the chip in the device manager anywhere. I believe that updating the Realtek driver could work, but it's not in my device manager so I can't manually update it.

:)

IncrediblySad, Apr 10, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

Hi, I find this interesting (in a warped, twisted sort of way *Wink)
    Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10 - Windows Help -

Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10
    Quiet Hours are times of day when you don't want to be disturbed by notifications. How to set them up:

• 1. Click the Action Center icon on the taskbar.
    • 2. Click Quiet hours.
      3. Set your Quiet Hours.
    The last (3) seems to suggest there is a setting - but as you - and others- have observed it seems to be just an on/off button now.

E.g.
    Windows 10: No scheduled Quiet Hours? - Windows Central Forums
    I've not seen Quiet hours on, so can't comment on your other query, sorry.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Issues enabling Quiet hours

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Are you referring to Quiet Hours in Mobile device or Computer?

I have tried to repro the Quiet hours and is working in the final Windows 10 on Computers.

You may follow the steps below and check if it works:

• Take your mouse pointer to the Notification Area icon on the Taskbar near the corner in the right side and make a right click.

• You can see two options on a menu – First Option isAction Center and the Second is Turn On quiet hours.

• ClickTurn on quiet hours.

• To Turn off Quiet hours make a right click on the Notification area icon once more.

• Click Turn off Quiet hours this time.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 10, 2021
  4. timflash Win User

Microsoft is quiet

lumia 550 - Quiet Hrs

Gday guys

I'm having trouble with setting up the quiet hours on my 550. Specifically, I am unable to edit the breakthrough list.

to clarify the steps I take I do the following

Cortana>notebook>quiet hours>then I press edit breakthrough list but am repeatedly taken to the generic settings page.

I have gone through every menu in hopes of finding a setting that may be relevant but no luck.

I have soft reset also

Any help appreciated

Tim

timflash, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft is quiet

1. Microsoft is quiet - Similar Threads - Microsoft quiet

2. Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key

in Windows 10 News
    Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key: Microsoft hopes that 2024 will be the year that so-called AI PCs will take off. Tidbits and rumors about this new breed of PCs are found everywhere, but Microsoft itself has been tight lipped when it comes to requirements. Intel has now published Microsoft's requirements for...
  3. Microsoft windows editor saving my videos with odd quiet volumes but perfect in the editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft windows editor saving my videos with odd quiet volumes but perfect in the editor: Why is it when I edit a video in the video editor app, when saved the volume is all over the place?It lowers the volume in some areas where it’s too quiet too hear. Whereas in the editor itself my video plays perfectly and the sound is even and clear....I even created mp3s of...
  4. Microsoft windows editor saving my videos with odd quiet volumes but perfect in the editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft windows editor saving my videos with odd quiet volumes but perfect in the editor: Why is it when I edit a video in the video editor app, when saved the volume is all over the place?It lowers the volume in some areas where it’s too quiet too hear. Whereas in the editor itself my video plays perfectly and the sound is even and clear....I even created mp3s of...
  5. Microsoft quietly makes huge change to Windows 10’s antivirus tool

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft quietly makes huge change to Windows 10’s antivirus tool: Recently, it was discovered that Microsoft is no longer allowing consumers to disable Windows Defender antivirus tool via the Windows Registry. Microsoft originally remained tight-lighted on the changes made to Windows 10’s antivirus tool, but the company has now shared more...
  6. New quiet notification requests in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New quiet notification requests in Microsoft Edge: Earlier this year, we met with users to understand how they felt about permissioned web features, such as requests to send notifications or access the camera or microphone. The individuals we spoke with made it clear they find notification requests bothersome and...
  7. How to enable Quiet Notification Requests in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Quiet Notification Requests in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Users should have complete control over their default browser’s features and their settings. Browser notifications tend to distract the users, most. Luckily, the Microsoft Edge […] This article How to enable Quiet Notification Requests in Microsoft Edge browser first...
  8. Microsoft quietly patched Shadow Brokers' hacking tools

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft quietly patched Shadow Brokers' hacking tools: Microsoft has confirmed that most of the NSA's hacking tools designed to target Windows published earlier this week have been patched. A spokesperson said in an email in the middle of the night that the company has "investigated and confirmed that the exploits disclosed...
  9. Microsoft quietly makes Outlook.com Premium public-preview available

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft quietly makes Outlook.com Premium public-preview available: Microsoft's Outlook.com Premium service, which will cost $19.95 per year for the first year, is now in public preview for US users. Back in February, Microsoft officials told me that Outlook.com Premium, an updated ad-free version of Outlook.com, was in private testing....
  10. Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10: Windows product keys are almost (but not quite) a thing of the past. With Windows 10, Microsoft has rewritten the rules for how it performs product activation on retail upgrades of Windows. The net result is that clean installs will be much easier--but only after you get...