Windows 10: Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel

Discus and support Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Adobe Flash Player, one of the most common security threats of the web, will be removed from Windows 10 by the end of 2020. This move comes after Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 17, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel

Adobe Flash Player, one of the most common security threats of the web, will be removed from Windows 10 by the end of 2020. This move comes after Adobe said that it plans to phase out support for Flash Player in 2020.

Software makers, including Microsoft, Google and Apple, are working on Flash Player phaseout plans. In addition, the end of the year will mark the end of Adobe Flash in Windows 10.

Flash Player will be going away with the next feature update for Windows 10, which is expected to arrive next year, but Microsoft will also offer an optional update that will remove Flash Player components from older versions of Windows 10.

Microsoft recently released a preview update for Windows 10 and it comes with many bug fixes, but one undocumented change is the complete removal of Adobe Flash in the operating system.

Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel Flash-Player-in-Control-Panel.jpg

In preview builds, Microsoft has quietly removed the Control Panel setting that allows you to configure Flash Player for Windows 10. Likewise, Microsoft has removed all other Flash Player components from the installation media of Windows 10.

Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel Flash-Player-in-File-Explorer.jpg

Microsoft removing Flash Player support in Windows 10 is not an unexpected change. The company has already confirmed that Flash Player will be removed due to its numerous security flaws.

Microsoft Edge 88 will also remove Flash Player from the browser, but the update is currently available to the testers in the Dev Channel only.

While other companies have already started ditching Flash Player, Microsoft remains as the only company fully supporting the video streaming software via Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

This means that when the next version of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge is released, users will no longer be able to play Flash Player videos or configure its settings, but users can always use third-party browsers or extensions to play the Flash content.

The removal of Flash support should not impact most users, but if you browse video or game streaming sites based on Flash, you will need to look for alternatives.

The post Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 17, 2020

2. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

Go into the control panel and select programs, legacy components is present and direct play is present with 1809

HARDCORE GAMES™, Oct 17, 2020
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Oct 17, 2020
  4. amen12 Win User

any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?

I'm trying to install legacy components, i did make a mistake in not noticing the features that weren't fonts, but it doesn't look like legacy components is one of them.

amen12, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft is removing Flash legacy components from Control Panel - Similar Threads - Microsoft removing Flash

2. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable directplay from legacy components: So i got a used computer, bla bla bla everything is good, but when i tried to play san Andreas it said i needed a directx9 version. So i downloaded it put then i searched and it said i had to enable it from "turn windows features on or off" Everytime i try turning it on it...
  3. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable directplay from legacy components: So i got a used computer, bla bla bla everything is good, but when i tried to play san Andreas it said i needed a directx9 version. So i downloaded it put then i searched and it said i had to enable it from "turn windows features on or off" Everytime i try turning it on it...
  4. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Player Still in Control Panel: I was searching for something in Control Panel and I happened upon Flash Player 32-bit. I have version 21H1 installed. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-still-in-control-panel/6020f8dd-ff97-4232-8609-122552fac26f
  5. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

Flash Player Still in Control Panel: I was searching for something in Control Panel and I happened upon Flash Player 32-bit. I have version 21H1 installed. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-still-in-control-panel/6020f8dd-ff97-4232-8609-122552fac26f
  6. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Speaking of legacy components

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaking of legacy components: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scrumbulon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o2bhjq/speaking_of_legacy_components/
  8. Legacy components and DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy components and DirectPlay: Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled....
  9. Flash Player Settings in Control Panel?

Flash Player Settings in Control Panel?: Why are we still seeing an icon for Flash Player (32 bit) in Control Panel like this? I thought Flash was now embedded in browsers. 95627
  10. Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing empty folders from the control panel ...: Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand... 93922