Windows 10: Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11

Discus and support Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Rumor has it that following changes to the Insider program, Microsoft is offering free USB drives to select Windows Insiders, including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 16, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11

Rumor has it that following changes to the Insider program, Microsoft is offering free USB drives to select Windows Insiders, including the introduction of the new Canary Channel. Part of the process has Microsoft moving all Insiders to the new Canary Channel from the Dev Channel to place the focus more on long-term development. However, if you prefer to remain on the Dev Channel, which awaits features relatively soon, you’ll have to do a clean Windows 11 installation to sign up again.

Although, some users were confused when the changes to the Insider Program moved them to the new Canary Channel and forced them to reinstall Windows 11. There were complaints from users that they wanted to leave the channel.

Some Windows Insiders have received emails with an offer to have a free USB drive shipped to them so they can easily install a clean version of Windows. 11 on their PC and stay on a stable version. However, you will have to wait and see if you receive the email with the redemption code if the offer is available.

It is relatively easy to create Windows 11 installation media, and if you have a flash drive, you can follow the guide to install windows 11. Interestingly, Microsoft is offering this lifeline to Windows Insiders since the program has always been aimed at the more tech-savvy, especially if you choose to sign up for the Dev channel. Generally, program participants need to be willing to perform a clean install.

Although if you instead want a free USB drive, keep an eye on your inbox for your redemption code.

Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11 Get-Free-USB-Drives-from-Microsoft-to-Reinstall-Windows-11.jpg

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 16, 2023
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 16, 2023
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. CliveGill Win User

Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11

Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to windows 10 usb drives working ok. Updated to windows 11 again and usb pen drives not working again

Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to windows 10 usb drives working ok. Updated to windows 11 again and usb pen drives not working again, any suggestions would be grateful received

Must be a driver problem, have tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers but no success

CliveGill, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft is reportedly offering free USB drives to Insiders to reinstall Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft reportedly offering

2. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.: I had windows 10 free edition through my company and today the screen message informed me that I had been subscribed to Windows. How do I verify my free subscription?...
  3. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.: I had windows 10 free edition through my company and today the screen message informed me that I had been subscribed to Windows. How do I verify my free subscription?...
  4. Free subscription offered by Microsoft to corporate employees.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  6. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  7. External Drive Size / Free Space Not reported in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Drive Size / Free Space Not reported in Explorer: My desktop PC has v1909 Build 18363.900. I just noticed using Explorer in tile view that the disk size & free space of Drive G: which is Seagate Expansion drive is not reported. The details are there if I right click on the drive. I have another Expansion Drive which is...
  8. reinstallation of free Microsoft win10 utilities

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    reinstallation of free Microsoft win10 utilities: Microsoft includes some free utilities with Win10, some of which I may want to remove. I'm not referring to trial versions. If I should do so, would I be able to later download and reinstall them at no charge? If so, would I do that from the Microsoft Store?...
  9. Microsoft Tech Summit offers free Microsoft 365 training and more

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Tech Summit offers free Microsoft 365 training and more: Gain the skills you need to confidently plan for, deploy, and manage Windows 10 with Office 365 and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security. The Microsoft Tech Summit is back—offering two days of free (yes, free) technical training, industry insights, and hands-on labs...
  10. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates: An option to buy it will, however, be available Microsoft has a goal of bringing Windows 10 on 1 billion devices by 2017, and there's no doubt that the number one priority right now in Redmond is to upgrade as many Windows 7 users as possible. But one of the biggest...