Windows 10: Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders

Discus and support Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the release of subscription-based productivity software Office 365 back in 2011, Microsoft introduced a ton of great features to it and its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 16, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders

With the release of subscription-based productivity software Office 365 back in 2011, Microsoft introduced a ton of great features to it and its related apps. The Office 365 subscription removes ads from Outlook’s website and allows users to access several advanced features.

Now Microsoft has started showing ads inside the ‘Mail app’ of Windows 10. The ads are appearing at the top of the ‘other’ section of Outlook mail when the ‘focused mailbox’ is turned on.

Thought the Mail app is still a very good first party app for Windows 10 and it is still great to use, but the ads inside it have made the whole experience slightly bad. There is a badge showing ‘Get premium Outlook features’ inside the mail app to remind users to buy the Office 365 subscription for removing ads.

Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders Mail-app-ad.jpg

The other apps like Microsoft Photos also requires Office 365 subscription for getting all the features for ‘Story Remix’. Office Mobile, an easy to use set of Office apps from Microsoft Store, needs Office 365 subscription for editing different office documents.

The OneDrive storage is limited to only 5GB of cloud usage for those who don’t use Office 365 subscription. So, it’s quite normal for Microsoft to put ads in the Mail app but still, there is no need to freak out as this is just an A/B testing and doesn’t 100% mean it’s coming to everyone.

It is worth noting that Google already shows ads in the Gmail app for Android. We are not sure if the ads will stay or get removed later but it is sure that Windows PC users like to use smooth and ad-free interface.

What do you think about this? Is it a good idea to put ads in a built-in Windows 10 Mail app? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The post Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 16, 2018
  2. DavidG Win User

Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?

I see Calendar and People listed separately in Privacy - background apps but not Mail. In Windows 8.1 all three of these were one app in the Windows store.

So I just looked at my Windows 10 store and typed in MAIL in the search box. Mail & Calendar are listed as the same app. I found some links a the bottom of the page that might interest everyone.

Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders [​IMG]

Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders [​IMG]

DavidG, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders - Similar Threads - Microsoft reportedly testing

2. Microsoft is testing File Explorer ads in latest Windows 11 Insider build

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing File Explorer ads in latest Windows 11 Insider build: Windows 11 users may soon see more ads in the system's default file browser File Explorer. The ads were spotted by Twitter user Florian (@flobo09) who published the following screenshot on the social messaging service. [ATTACH] The screenshot shows the upper part of a File...
  3. Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell: Microsoft has been rumoured to be working on a stripped down version of Windows for dual-screen devices. As per reports, Microsoft’s new modular operating system is internally called Windows Lite and it should power the first foldable device from the company. Microsoft is...
  4. Microsoft was putting ads in Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft was putting ads in Windows 10 Mail app for non-Office 365: The Windows 10 Mail app is once again the testing ground for controversial new features, and this time the app is showing ads. As spotted by Aggiornamenti Lumia, the advertisements are only showing up for some users, and they're only there for those that don't subscribe to...
  5. Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail: Given all the issues Microsoft has caused with current updates, don't you think your customers deserve some respect? We have chosen to put up with your problems because you deliver a relatively good product without the advertising hype we have to put up with on other...
  6. Adding email to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  7. Microsoft is reportedly testing new features for Windows 10 app store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing new features for Windows 10 app store: Debuted back in 2012, Windows Store (now known as Microsoft Store) is an app store that would at some point replace Win32 programs concept altogether. Microsoft Store is slowly getting better, the number of apps has increased and the software maker is planning to sell...
  8. Microsoft is testing ads in Windows 10’s default Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing ads in Windows 10’s default Mail app: Microsoft has always been showing useful ads in Windows 10 and the company now seems to advertise third-party apps and services in the default Mail app. Ads in Windows 10 Mail app is not a new thing as a little while ago the company displayed a small ad in the lower left...
  9. Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?: I am not even sure the mail app is not already part of startup. It is not listed in my Task Manager Startup tab. Because I am completely ignorant on this subject any replies are appreciated. *Confused 25329
  10. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315