Windows 10: Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates

Discus and support Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft ships Windows 10 with a wide range of device drivers that allow the system to work with specific hardware such as network adapter, graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 10, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates

Microsoft ships Windows 10 with a wide range of device drivers that allow the system to work with specific hardware such as network adapter, graphics card, storage, and also the peripherals, including touchpad, keyboards or mouse.

On Windows 10, Microsoft uses Windows Update to detect and install appropriate drivers for connected hardware. While drivers are important for better performance and security, some drivers have been trashing Windows 10.

Last year, drivers from Intel and other manufacturers caused endless problems for users. On several occasions, the drivers killed audio, caused system crashes, slow performance and other annoying problems. The drivers also prevented some users from updating Windows 10 due to compatibility problems.

In January 2020, Microsoft said hardware partners can now ask them to block Windows 10 feature upgrades on a PC running incompatible driver. Previously, only Microsoft was determining and blocking Windows 10 feature updates due to driver compatibility issues, which resulted in widespread problems.

In February, Microsoft started rolling out new optional drivers update experience to a small group of Windows 10 testers.

The Redmond firm has now quietly announced yet another significant change to improve drivers updates on Windows 10.

Previously, all Windows 10 computers received major or minor driver updates automatically via Windows Updates. The driver updates were released on the same day for everyone, but Microsoft is now switching to a new approach.

Microsoft says it will roll out drivers updates in a phased manner, which means the driver will first show up on active devices before rolling out to everyone, as that helps in getting focused diagnostic data, particularly with regards to compatibility.

The devices, which are considered ‘highly active’ and there is a higher chance of getting diagnostic data, will receive the driver updates first.

“It targets specific clusters of HWID/CHID combinations so that the driver’s quality can be evaluated in a way that evenly represents the total device population,” Microsoft said.

On the basis of the feedback from the first set of devices, Microsoft will approve or reject wider rollout of Windows 10 driver updates. According to Microsoft, this approach ensures the highest level of quality updates for all consumers.

With all these changes, Microsoft is aiming to improve the driver and Windows Update experience. In the coming months, you can expect fewer driver issues on your Windows PC and also faster performance due to increased compatibility.

The post Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Mar 10, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft significantly changing

2. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after significant hardware change: I recently bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro and had it working on my desktop. I only used it for a few weeks and my computer had a system failure with the blue screen. After troubleshooting and trying repair/reinstall Windows to no prevail I decided it was time for an upgrade....
  3. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after significant hardware change: I recently bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro and had it working on my desktop. I only used it for a few weeks and my computer had a system failure with the blue screen. After troubleshooting and trying repair/reinstall Windows to no prevail I decided it was time for an upgrade....
  4. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Deactivated after significant hardware change

Windows Deactivated after significant hardware change: I recently replaced my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM only to see that windows had deactivated. My Windows 10 Home is usually activated due to being signed in with my Microsoft account however that doesn't seem to make a difference. So i tried putting in my Windows 10 Home product...
  6. Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.

Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.: First of All Sorry there will be tons of grammatical mistakes are going to happen as I am not good in English. I recently changed my broken Motherboard and HDD of My PC, installed a new Windows 10 Pro on my new HDD as well. After installing it I thought to activate Windows I...
  7. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

Windows Activation after significant hardware change: Hi, I've recently changed both my motherboard and cpu and am unable to re activate windows on the pc. My version of windows is linked to my microsoft account. When I go use the activation troubleshooter and select the device I'm using, it says 'Unable to activate windows.'...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 After Significant Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 After Significant Hardware Change: I recently upgraded my PC but now Windows doesn't recognise it and thinks I'm cheating it. I used to Troubleshooter and it did nothing, so I clicked the hardware change link which took me another window where I could choose my device. It was right there, right device name...
  9. 1809 Update Significant Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809 Update Significant Issues: Just updated to 1809 last night, experiencing multiple weird issues. Font and window colors seem abnormal, and application borders are messed up. File Explorer: https://gyazo.com/808c1e7fd2b5b0283607f0a80bb5962f https://gyazo.com/15f4359f86482198313d64c62790202a...
  10. Microsoft will explain only 'significant' Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will explain only 'significant' Windows 10 updates: Microsoft has explained its policy about how much information it will offer on the content of Cumulative Updates to Windows 10. In a statement sent by a spokesperson to us, Microsoft said: “As we have done in the past, we post KB articles relevant to most updates which...