Windows 10: Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing

Discus and support Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This should be of interest to Windows 10 users --- https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-is-talking-about-windows-10s-quality-but-changing-nothing/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidBaileyyz, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing

DavidBaileyyz, Nov 14, 2018

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing

1. Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Talking 10’s

2. is it possible to talk to a live person at Microsoft about hackers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it possible to talk to a live person at Microsoft about hackers: I need to talk to a real person at Microsoft about my computr being hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-talk-to-a-live-person-at/9b9f696a-e6a6-4396-9c06-07a358774049
  3. is it possible to talk to a live person at Microsoft about hackers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to talk to a live person at Microsoft about hackers: I need to talk to a real person at Microsoft about my computr being hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-talk-to-a-live-person-at/9b9f696a-e6a6-4396-9c06-07a358774049
  4. About The Microsoft Antivirus Award/s?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About The Microsoft Antivirus Award/s?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I never heard of the Microsoft antivirus in getting any award/s from day one ?,and don't even know why that unknown person who gave the award/s may of mistakenly did so.I only later check the AV-Comparatives website in later 2022 and it's as...
  5. lockscreen talking about LGBTQ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lockscreen talking about LGBTQ: why i see enough on t'v if you want to be that way fine but i shouldn't have to see anything about it in my own homemaybe i should switch to linux then put up with bill gates leftist agenda...
  6. What PUPs is this talking about?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What PUPs is this talking about?: I keep getting the following when I open Windows Explorer to the downloads folder on my other, older computer. I'm logged in using a standard account, but know the admin password.How do I figure out what PUP Windows security is talking about? Clicking on it brings up "Virus &...
  7. a question about quality and windows 10 scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question about quality and windows 10 scaling: hello i have a 1080p tv and the i cons look small i can use them but they are very small so my question if i use windows up scaling is it going to reduce the quality of the game or the movie (vlc for movies) and thanks if anyone can help and sorry for the bad english...
  8. This new Microsoft App everyone is talking about!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This new Microsoft App everyone is talking about!!!!!: Why can't you people(MICROSOFT) and all other companies, leave well enough alone?!!!! Since you made changes I can't open my HP windows 10 laptop without the new window coming on, which states all the great things, but then when you try and open it up it says you need a new...
  9. Let's Talk About Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Let's Talk About Edge: Edge is a nice browser, currently my default. But Edge does not have a Command Bar to save a page to file (Documents). The only way to delete all Edge favorites at the same time is to "dig" deep into the system to find the Favorites folder or run a bat file. The...
  10. 6 Things Microsoft didn't talk about announcing Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    6 Things Microsoft didn't talk about announcing Windows 10: Microsoft had a big day yesterday and unless you were living under a rock, you likely saw the announcement of Windows 10. The preview, which is available today for download, has some notable gaps that we reported on earlier this year and are worth pointing out. The...