Windows 10: Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Following the release of March 2021 cumulative updates, users started reporting serious problems, including issues with certain printers and games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 19, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

Following the release of March 2021 cumulative updates, users started reporting serious problems, including issues with certain printers and games. While the printer issue was immediately patched, Windows 10’s bug that resulted in performance issues somehow slipped into the April, May and June 2021 updates.

Several users told us that their PC games are suffering from various issues such as FPS drops, graphic anomalies, stuttering, significant drops in movements and even completely crashing.

In our tests, we observed that stuttering, nasty frame rate drops and other performance issues were linked to the updates released since March 2021. According to release notes, Microsoft first acknowledged the reports in April and a server-side fix was released in the last week of the same month for affected users.

The fix wasn’t delivered to users as part of a patch that they can apply under Windows Update. Rather, the buggy code was remotely disabled by Microsoft. This server-side update automatically resolved the performance gremlin for ‘most’ users affected but not all as some users are still reporting FPS drops.

The good news is that Microsoft hasn’t just confirmed this issue for the second time – it has properly addressed the problem in a new cumulative update released for those in the Release Preview Channel of the Windows Insider Program.

Microsoft explained that only a “small subset of users” have been experiencing performance issues in games following March 2021 patch. For those in the Release Preview Channel, the problem has been marked as resolved in the release notes of Build 19043.1081 (version 21H1).

“We fixed an issue in a small subset of users that have lower than expected performance in games after installing KB5000842 or later,” the company noted.

In addition to performance issues, Microsoft has also acknowledged and addressed blurry taskbar icons bug.

However, unless you’re part of the Windows Insider program’s Release Preview Channel, then you’re going to have to wait.

Microsoft hasn’t made an official comment on when the fix will be released for those not part of the testing program. However, according to Microsoft’s typical servicing schedule, the company will publish the fix in the production channel via the upcoming optional patch or next month’s Patch Tuesday release.

The post Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 19, 2021

2. Performance Test Windows 10

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the below link.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Performance Test Windows 10

That is not the performance program that was in windows 7 or 8

answer Mike, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

1. Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft testing fix

2. Microsoft is testing a fix for AMD's Windows 11 performance issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a fix for AMD's Windows 11 performance issue: Microsoft released a new build to Beta and Release Preview Channels of the company's Windows 11 operating system a few hours ago. The patch includes a huge number of fixes for issues in Windows 11, including a fix for the L3 caching issue of AMD Ryzen processors that can...
  3. Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10: Microsoft released a new update to the Beta and Release Preview channels of its Windows 10 Insiders program that fix several issues affecting some users of the company's operating system. Most updates are pushed to Insider channels first to give them another round of testing...
  4. How to perform Mouse Latency Test in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to perform Mouse Latency Test in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Have you ever noticed the delay in your mouse actions while simply working on your Windows 10 PC or while playing a game? This delay is technically termed Mouse Latency. Let’s learn a little more about it today. In this post. We will talk about: What is mouse latency?...
  5. [Windows 10] Microsoft KM-Test Loopback Adapter issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Windows 10] Microsoft KM-Test Loopback Adapter issue: Hello,I am using Windows 10 64-bit Pro version under my laptop which only has Wi-Fi adapter. I hope you guys knows that Wi-Fi connection can be shared with virtual environment like GNS3 through MS Loopback adapter. I have added MS KM-Test Loopback adapter properly through...
  6. Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues: Windows 10 appears to be getting a new server-side update and it’s one that you might want to apply if you’ve been having any kind of performance issues, such as stuttering, flickering or text rendering issues when playing certain games. As we reported recently, performance...
  7. Microsoft fixed the game performance issue on Windows 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixed the game performance issue on Windows 10 devices: Some Windows users reported game performance issues after installation of the Windows 10 updates KB5000842 and KB5001330. The updates were released in March and April of 2021 to devices running Windows 10 version 2004, 20H2 and 21H1. Ashwin wrote about the game performance...
  8. Windows 10 Updates - Downloading, Installation, performance issues, and testing before release

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates - Downloading, Installation, performance issues, and testing before release: Dear Microsoft, I have been a user of Windows for decades since Windows 2 and even though I have had issues at times with Windows, I must say Windows 10 updates are the most frustrating experience I have had with Microsoft products. I have a new computer and today it wanted...
  9. Microsoft tests CPU & scrolling fixes for Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests CPU & scrolling fixes for Chromium on Windows 10: Earlier this year, Microsoft switched Edge browser to Chromium, which also powers Google Chrome, Brave and other browsers. Microsoft is actively working with rival Google on open-source Chromium project and the company has already addressed rough areas in Google Chrome,...
  10. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 performance and Search issues: Windows 10 KB4512941, which is an optional cumulative update that Microsoft shipped for everyone, generates high CPU usage and also breaks down Windows Search on some devices. Following the various reports, Microsoft has finally acknowledged at least two known issues with...