Windows 10: Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

Discus and support Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iupjqn/microsoft_is_testing_a_new_feature_called/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leopeva64-2, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

/u/Leopeva64-2, Sep 17, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Edge Canary

Hi, I’m Virginia an independent advisor.

As Edge Canary is still in development it may be wise to mark this as a bug or request this feature for a future update.

Windows key + F will open the feedback app.

Time Lady, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

1. Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary. - Similar Threads - Microsoft testing feature

2. Tab Search feature is now "officially" being tested in Microsoft Edge Canary.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tab Search feature is now "officially" being tested in Microsoft Edge Canary.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/r5kzdc/tab_search_feature_is_now_officially_being_tested/
  3. Microsoft is testing a new "Math Solver" in Edge Canary.

Microsoft is testing a new "Math Solver" in Edge Canary.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxzamg/microsoft_is_testing_a_new_math_solver_in_edge/
  4. Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iylv01/microsoft_explain_how_the_new_sleeping_tabs/
  5. An interesting feature being tested on Edge's New Tab Page.

An interesting feature being tested on Edge's New Tab Page.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hu8hlb/an_interesting_feature_being_tested_on_edges_new/
  6. Microsoft is testing two new scrolling features for Chrome and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing two new scrolling features for Chrome and Edge: After Google, Microsoft has become one of the biggest contributors to the open-source platform and community Chromium. As part of its plan to improve Chromium which also powers Edge browser, Microsoft is working on two new scrolling features to improve webpages scrolling in...
  7. Collections is now available to test in Microsoft Edge Canary channel

in Windows 10 News
    Collections is now available to test in Microsoft Edge Canary channel: Today, we’re releasing an experimental preview of Collections for Microsoft Edge. We initially demoed this feature during the Microsoft Build 2019 conference keynote. Microsoft Edge Insiders can now try out an early version of Collections by enabling the experimental flag on...
  8. Microsoft tests new sync features for Edge Canary on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests new sync features for Edge Canary on Windows 10: Since the launch of the new Chromium-based Edge browser, Microsoft has been working on bringing many new features. One of the top features that Microsoft is working on is the support for sync options similar to Google’s Chrome. The Redmond firm is working on bringing...
  9. New Edge Canary Build

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Canary Build: I have downloaded Edge Canary Build and would like to know with it being in development is it secure to use I have Norton antivirus will this protect me when using browser also I see in settings it shows all your saved passwords and other information which I thought were...
  10. Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature: The latest Canary update for both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge adds a ‘reveal password’ button that will let you check the password that you’ve entered on the login page. In Google Chrome Canary version 78.0.3868.0 or newer, you don’t have to enable experimental flag to...