Windows 10: Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser

Discus and support Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_Ninja_b0y [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a_Ninja_b0y, May 4, 2021.

1. Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser

/u/a_Ninja_b0y, May 4, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, May 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge

Hello mate, *Smile

Web Capture should now be available in the Dev and Canary builds of Microsoft Edge.

Brink, May 4, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser

EDGE Browser issue with secured login (HTTPS)

Hi Ram,

It is possible that the issue is due to compatibility or the browser components causing this matter to occur. We
    suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
    and check if there are any changes. To reset these browsers, refer and follow these links and guide:

Edge:

Kindly refer to this
    link from TechNet.

Internet Explorer 11:

To reset Internet
    Explorer 11, follow these steps:

• On the upper-right corner, click the
      Gear icon
      beside the
      Smiley icon.

• Choose
      Internet Options.

• Under
      Advanced
      tab, click on
      Reset.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser

1. Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft testing Automatic

2. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  3. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  5. Microsoft is testing a startup booster for its Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a startup booster for its Edge browser: Microsoft is running an experiment in the latest Microsoft Edge Canary version to find out if the changes can speed up the startup of the web browser. Called Startup Boost, it is available to a subset of Edge Canary users only at the time of writing. The feature is not...
  6. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??: I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location. ----------------- QUESTION ----------------- 1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected? 2) What is the best way to...
  7. The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download: [ATTACH]Fans of the new Microsoft Edge web browser that is based on the Chromium engine, should rejoice right now because the browser is out of […] This post The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection

Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection: Just found this today, A very simple way to test if your browser is vulnerable to Cryptojacking it only takes a min. Cryptojacking Test Source: How to Test Your Web Browsers Cryptojacking Protection - Make Tech Easier Testing Your Browser In response to...
  9. Test Report on Edge Browser

Test Report on Edge Browser: I've been happily using Edge for quite some time, although it appears many others prefer Chrome or Firefox, which are great in their own right. You can read the report on Edge, as well as comparison with the other popular browsers here:...
  10. Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform: Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform In 2015, Microsoft launched its first new browser in 20 years: Microsoft Edge. After 8 months, it's on a great trajectory but we're just getting started. Join us to learn about the progress we've...