Windows 10: Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience

Discus and support Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On July 1, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 Build 20161 to the testers in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider program. Windows 10 Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience

On July 1, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 Build 20161 to the testers in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider program. Windows 10 Build 20161 comes with a number of notable features, improvements, and a bunch of bug fixes.

With Windows 10 Build 20161, Microsoft is introducing theme-aware support for tiles in the Start Menu to remove the solid colour backplates behind the app icons. In addition, Microsoft confirmed that tiles will get Fluent Design-enabled translucent background to match your colour scheme.

The tiles are dropping the solid colour for Fluent Design-style icons and embracing translucent backgrounds with a splash of accent colour. The updated look blends in with the overall concept of Microsoft’s Fluent Design.

Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience Windows-10-Fluent-Start-Menu.jpg

Alt-Tab and Taskbar

Microsoft Edge tabs will start appearing in Alt + Tab when Microsoft launches the next feature update in 2021. Microsoft says that the updated Alt + Tab experience will help users get back to their web sessions in Microsoft Edge at any time.

Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience Windows-10-Alt-Tab.jpg

This would be optional and Microsoft says it will not force the updated experience. You can always switch to the classic Alt + Tab experience from Settings > Systems > Multitasking.

Notifications

Microsoft is updating the notifications experience in Windows 10 to bring it in line with Windows 10X. According to Microsoft, users can now select ‘X’ button the top right corner of notification to dismiss it.

Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience Notification-toast.jpg

You can also click on the settings cog icon to turn off the notifications for a particular app and access the system-wide notifications settings.

The company has also started testing personalization options for the Taskbar on new installations of Windows 10. Microsoft says that they are currently seeking feedback from the testers for the icons pinned to the taskbar by default.

Microsoft is currently rolling out these improvements to the Windows Insiders in the Dev channel and none of the features is guaranteed to show up in Windows 10 productions builds this year.

The post Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist

Would you like smaller, XP style thumbnails and be able to see whats on the desktop while in Task View?
    Check out this exhaustive list of registry tweaks: [Windows 10 Tip] Registry Tweaks to Customize UI of Alt+Tab, Task View and Snap Assistant Screens - AskVG

Follow instructions carefully, but, not to worry, if you wish to undo the tweaks, simply delete the items you created and all will fall back to defaults.
    Affects are immediate so no need to reboot or restart Explorer.

Tested in AU and higher.

Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience [​IMG]

Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft is tweaking Windows 10’s Alt-Tab experience - Similar Threads - Microsoft tweaking 10’s

2. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  3. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  4. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.: Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes me from my game window ruining my experience. I wish to remove this feature from my device as I do not use it and it gets in...
  6. Windows 10 Registry tweaks to improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Registry tweaks to improve Performance and Experience: [ATTACH]If you want to make your Windows 10 operating system work seamlessly then this […] This article Windows 10 Registry tweaks to improve Performance and Experience first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

Windows 10 Alt + Tab: I would like to revert the alt + tab functionality back to how it originally worked, where I could alt-tab back and forth between two recent windows, rather than having to scroll through every open window to get to the one I want. Every guide I've found online to do this no...
  8. A closer look at Windows 10’s new Alt+Tab experience

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows 10’s new Alt+Tab experience: I don’t know about you but I regularly use the default Windows app switcher, which you can access by pressing Alt + Tab. On Windows 10, when you press Alt + Tab keyboard shortcut, you’ll open app/task switcher and you can move through the windows of the apps with arrow keys...
  9. Windows 10 alt tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 alt tab: How can I change tabs in windows 10 like I used to do it in windows 7. I used to do as following but its not working in windows 10. https://youtu.be/izAELokY6G8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-alt-tab/9a672385-5e8c-4e5f-bfad-d63eda2c4116
  10. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

Windows 10 Alt + Tab: My Alt + Tab has suddenly become noticeably slower compared to before. I have turned off Focus Assist as commonly advised by most articles on the internet regarding Alt + Tab lag in Windows 10 yet it still has not fixed the issue. I did notice that this began after having...