Windows 10: Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft accidentally confirmed that it was working on UI improvements for Windows 10 and references to inactive codes were spotted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 7, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10

Earlier this year, Microsoft accidentally confirmed that it was working on UI improvements for Windows 10 and references to inactive codes were spotted in the preview builds. Now, we’re finally seeing those internal codes put to good use as a fresh update has rolled out to testers in the Insider program to give the desktop platform a polished new look.

In the recent preview builds, there are two primary changes. For one, rounded corners are now more noticeable. Microsoft has also introduced new icons that you’ll find almost everywhere. This extends to the Settings app, Control Panel, File Explorer, and various app windows.

As with most Windows 10 preview builds, there’s nothing all that major in this week’s update. The overall layout of the operating system is roughly the same as it’s been since the last big feature update (Creators Update). However, Microsoft has spent some time updating the basic UI elements to make things look a bit more modern.

Microsoft is planning to update the default font system.

As you may be aware, Windows 10’s default system font is “Segoe UI” and it is used across all applications, such as Control Explorer, Explorer, Settings, etc.

Segoe UI looks pretty nice. However, Microsoft believes that there’s still room for improvements.

Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10 Windows-10-new-font-UI.jpg

In the next update, Microsoft is updating the default Segoe UI to include an “optical axis”, which should allow the fonts to scale seamlessly on various form factors. For instance, Microsoft seems to have improved the legibility at small sizes, and outlines will look better at display sizes.

By default, Windows 10’s Segoe UI is designed to work at 9pt font size. Font expressions are limited at large sizes and the current implementation also lacks legibility at sizes smaller than 9pt.

In the next version, Microsoft’s Segoe UI font UI will dynamically adjust across all your apps and devices and offer great legibility at different sizes, which includes fonts smaller than 9pt. The style and outlines will also get better at large sizes.

These changes would be noticeable in the Settings and other Windows apps.

Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10 Segoe-UI.jpg
    New font vs Old font

For example, as you can see in the above screenshot, the “Settings” text on the app title bar does look cleaner than the current font on the right side.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft is slowly moving to the new Segoe UI Variable and it will be implemented over time. At the moment, the new fonts are noticeable when you look closely at the title bar of the UWP apps.

The post Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 7, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2021
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, May 7, 2021
  4. Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10

RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10

1. Microsoft is updating the default user interface font in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft updating default

2. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.I know how to uninstall a font, but I can't read and find every 500...
  3. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.I know how to uninstall a font, but I can't read and find every 500...
  4. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.Please Guide me as it’s an essential issue for me.Best Regards...
  5. Default font in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default font in Windows 10: Is there any chance Microsoft has decided to offer an option to change the default font? - The current default is very hard on my eyes and given the choice I will change the default font in an instant!...
  6. Default Font on Windows 10

Default Font on Windows 10: How do I change the default font on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-font-on-windows-10/9a0836be-1e3b-415d-9d98-ecd27621acd4
  7. Default Windows Font

Default Windows Font: I finished playing some CS:GO on one of my friends servers, I realized all my fonts have been changed, not to sure what font is the default one and how to reset it. Also, instead of having a colon on the time on my taskbar, it shows a box in between the hour and minutes....
  8. Hate the new user interface for microsoft windows!

Hate the new user interface for microsoft windows!: I Loathe the new user interface in Microsoft, along with the windows updates. I have created a face book group for people to join and we can discuss how we all loathe what the head guy of windows "joe Belfiore" is doing to windows! The face book group is called consumers...
  9. Default font on Windows 10

Default font on Windows 10: The font on Windows 10 has gone less clear. Can someone advise me how to restore the default font please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/default-font-on-windows-10/61a34570-dd18-4988-883d-f304b184e6e6
  10. Windows 10 User Interface Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Interface Issues: Hi Everyone, I am having problems with displaying the user interface on my computer after I have updated to Windows 10 1803, the problem is that it dows not show thte whole user interface as shown below when I launch Microsoft visual Studio and some other apps.z [ATTACH] If...