Windows 10: Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline

Discus and support Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-protonsandneutrons- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-protonsandneutrons-, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline

/u/-protonsandneutrons-, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

More here: Microsoft 'Timeline' for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update lets you rewind open apps and documents | Windows Central

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Tony K Win User
    Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

More here: Microsoft 'Timeline' for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update lets you rewind open apps and documents | Windows Central

Tony K, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline

Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline

1. Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline - Similar Threads - Microsoft winding down

2. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  3. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  4. Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July: In April of this year, Microsoft revealed that users in Windows 10 preview builds won’t be able to upload new activity in Timeline if they sync their activities across devices. In the preview builds, Microsoft has already disabled support for Windows Timeline activity...
  5. windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Timeline feature: The Windows Timeline feature seems to be fractured someway on my Laptop. It displays a record only a daily Daily mail icon which i browse but no other activities. I have checked the Privacy settings and everything is as it should be All the updates are loaded and...
  6. Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web: Microsoft is working on bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to the web. Windows 10 Timeline coming to the web means that users will be able to access the Timeline activities from Microsoft’s website. Microsoft introduced Timeline with Windows 10 April 2018 Update or Windows...
  7. Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10: The wait is finally over. Microsoft today released a new update for Microsoft Launcher on Android that adds support for the highly-anticipated Timeline feature. You will now see the Windows 10 activities on your Android’s phone timeline screen and you can tap on any item to...
  8. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features: Microsoft has been trying to make the Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) the one destination for everything the users need on Windows 10. You can get apps, games, books, music, extensions, themes, fonts and even buy subscriptions from the Microsoft Store....
  9. Windows Timeline feature

Windows Timeline feature: [ATTACH] not able to see previous apps on the new timeline feature only current apps are being shown. I have synced my Email id too through privacy settings...
  10. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...