Windows 10: Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Similar to the Windows Insider program, Microsoft also allows users to become an “Office Insider”. By joining the Office Insider program, you can check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10

Similar to the Windows Insider program, Microsoft also allows users to become an “Office Insider”. By joining the Office Insider program, you can check out upcoming versions of Office apps for Windows 10, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.

Microsoft is testing several new features for Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. In the latest preview update for Insiders, Microsoft has introduced a new theme setting for Office apps that will allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc to match Windows 10’s system settings.

For example, Word will automatically switch to its native dark mode if you use Windows 10’s built-in dark theme settings.

Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 Microsoft-Word-dark-mode.jpg

The update is also introducing support for a new feature that will allow you to save shapes as images, so you can easily copy and paste the converted images across your documents or presentations.

This means you can now use the “Save as Picture” option to save your charts, shapes, diagrams, and even text boxes. You can also copy the converted images to the clipboard and paste them in PowerPoint presentation. This feature is now available in Outlook, Word, and Excel.

In addition, Microsoft adding support for the new Editor pane in Microsoft Word that will give you greater control over spellcheck and grammar suggestions.

Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 PowerPoint-GIF-background.jpg

For PowerPoint, Microsoft is working on a new feature that will allow you to make the background transparent when you create a GIF within the presentation.

You can access the option from the Export panel where you need to select the new “Make Background Transparent” option.

Excel is receiving a new Data Visualizer add-in that will allow you to easily create flowcharts, org charts, etc using the Excel data. They can be viewed in Visio and you can use richer editing capabilities as well.

Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 Microsoft-Excel-Data-Visualizer.jpg

Outlook desktop is also getting a huge update with the following new features:

• Built-in translator support.
    • Improved grammar and style suggestions.
    • Settings and Signatures in the cloud.
    • The online archive search feature is now expanding.
    • New profile card.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft is also considering a major architecture upgrade for Outlook desktop app that will focus on web technologies.

The post Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Oct 16, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft is working on a huge Office apps update for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft working huge

2. no microsoft office apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    no microsoft office apps: hi thereso i hard reseted my cpu cuz i was about to give it away but then i kept it. so i started it and then after signing into my microsoft account and opening my computer mainscreeni go to the start menu only to find no microsoft office apps. i proceed to the micro store...
  3. Office Apps not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office Apps not working: i can open office 635, i can even click on word and it will open word within the app. however i cannot use word by itself without going through the app. when i click on word, or try to open a document via word it says "install failed please contact software vendor. ive tried...
  4. Office Apps Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office Apps Not Working: Error: C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\URLMON.DLL Error Status: 0xc0000020 after signing in to my computer and also when trying to open any OFFICE Apps; Word, Excel etc. Please help. Thank You...
  5. Office Apps Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Apps Not Working: Error: C:\WINDOW\SYSTEM32\URLMON.DLL Error Status: 0xc0000020 after signing in to my computer and also when trying to open any OFFICE Apps; Word, Excel etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-apps-not-working/7173a010-93e1-490c-81d4-49662dc6aae9
  6. Windows 10 is set for a huge Microsoft’s May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is set for a huge Microsoft’s May 2020 Update: Beginning in early 2017, Microsoft committed to updating Windows 10 twice each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Since 2017, Microsoft has been able to churn out new versions of Windows 10 every six months, with the next version of Windows 10 due in April/May....
  7. Microsoft Office apps won't update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office apps won't update?: [ATTACH] I have updated my apps just recently and I got the new icons. Word icon on my PC But when I use Start to search for Word, or the other Office apps, I can still see the old icons....
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials Updates are huge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Essentials Updates are huge: I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7. There has been a large increase in the size of Microsoft Security Essentials Updates for me lately. Is this just me? I don't have broadband and I have limited usage so this is a problem for me. Is there something I can do...
  9. microsoft office not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft office not working: microsoft office not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-not-working/875fd52e-58be-4a78-aa7f-b0f10e3ba67c
  10. Office Preview apps for Windows 10 updated

in Windows 10 News
    Office Preview apps for Windows 10 updated: Back in February of this year Microsoft made preview versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote available for anyone running the Windows 10 Technical Preview. These apps were the long awaited touch enabled/enhanced versions of the popular Office software programs and...