Windows 10: Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser

Discus and support Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is betting big on Edge browser in the fight against third-party alternatives like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The company appears to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser

Microsoft is betting big on Edge browser in the fight against third-party alternatives like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The company appears to be improving the Settings page in Edge browser with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update, and while it’s a minor change, but it still looks good.

In Windows 10 April 2018 Update, security and privacy settings can be accessed from Menu > Settings > Advanced > Privacy and services.

Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser Current-Edge-browser-settings.jpg
    Before

The next Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview builds will introduce a new and improved Settings page in Microsoft Edge browser. For example, you’ll find a new page dedicated to privacy and security. It can be accessed from Menu (three dots) > Settings > Privacy & security.

Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser Edge-browser-settings.jpg

In addition to the new Settings page, Microsoft is also bringing shadows effect from Fluent Design system to the tabs.

Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser Edge-browser.jpg

Eric to the principal’s office…

(We alluded to this in last week’s flight notes, you’ll see this and some other tweaks in our next flight Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser 1f609.png )

— Kyle Pflug (@kylealden) June 21, 2018

There’s no doubt that the browser improved significantly since it first rolled out in July 2015, and is only getting better with every feature update.

Microsoft Edge receives updates twice each year as part of new Windows 10 feature updates, and the aforementioned changes will be released to the public later this year with Redstone 5 update.

The post Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 22, 2018
  2. erixx Win User

Edge browser, start page: destroy MSN

Hi!

Online help and MS forum "gurus" explain clearly how to set your homepage when you open Edge or a new tab. No really necesary as it is just 2 settings in the configuration... but...

Endless times have I checked it and disabled "News feed" or "Suggested content" and set it to only my favorites.

Still I am stuffed with returning MSN news aggregation page, which is mainly shitnews, fakenews or trivialnews. Hate it to death!

Do you know a hack, registry or file edit to totally destroy this news feed? Thanks in advance!

Microsoft: this simple issue is forcing me more and more to move to Vivaldi and other browsers. Do you really have to bomb us with nonsense news?

erixx, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is working on a new improved Settings page for Edge browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft working improved

2. Microsoft Edge 89 delivering improved browser performance

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge 89 delivering improved browser performance: Note: We’re in the process of deploying features mentioned in this post, starting with Stable 89, so it might be a little while before you see them in your channel and build. Nowadays, it’s not unusual to do almost everything online. Whether...
  3. New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge: We are very happy to announce a bunch of experience improvements we are bringing to the inking experience inside Microsoft Edge. We have heard feedback about the writing experience in Edge especially on PDFs where writing feels a but jittery. There were also complaints about...
  4. Recaptcha suddenly not working on the new Microsoft Edge Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recaptcha suddenly not working on the new Microsoft Edge Browser: Everything was fine yesterday. Today when I have gone to login to a site that requires recaptcha verification I cannot because the recaptcha box is not showing at all. I am being told that the new Microsoft Edge browser is out of date....
  5. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  6. Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Scrolling is one of the most used features on any browser, and Microsoft is rolling out scrolling improvements in Edge. The primary goal is to […] This article Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...
  8. Microsoft’s work on scrolling improvements for Chromium browsers advances

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s work on scrolling improvements for Chromium browsers advances: Microsoft is actively contributing to the Chromium open source project which powers Edge, Google Chrome and many other web browsers. Google Chrome comes with its own smooth scrolling functionality and Microsoft is now contributing in this area to further enhance the...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser (will not work with EBAY)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Browser (will not work with EBAY): just recently (1 week ago) I have found the web browser will not work for the site it loads but if you click on sign In it just hangs and does nothing , the browser works fine for all other sites just Ebay , I have tried internet explorer and that browser works all the time...
  10. Is there an internal settings page for Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there an internal settings page for Microsoft Edge?: Is there an internal settings page like chrome://settings/ or chrome://flags/ in Chrome or about:config in Firefox? Its not advertised of course, but it should be there. Another thing, is it possible to change the default keyboard shortcuts for Tabs switching order? I want...