Windows 10: Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature

Discus and support Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been working on introducing new features to its Skype app for users on all platforms. The new features are based on the feedback provided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature

Microsoft has been working on introducing new features to its Skype app for users on all platforms. The new features are based on the feedback provided by Skype users. Last month Microsoft announced that they are simplifying the messaging experience in Skype and earlier this week the software maker revealed the details of the next update.

Firstly Microsoft is working on fixing an issue which was reported by many users that their contacts were not able to see them Online or Active in spite of them being available on Skype.

The Redmond Giant informed the users that they were automatically marked as Inactive or offline once the Skype app has been minimized on the desktop or PCs.

Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature Skype-status-feature.jpg

The company is already working on a fix for the issue and it should be rolled out in the upcoming release of Skype. After the update, Microsoft says the contacts will be able to see you as Active if the Skype app is running on the computer or if you are actively using the mouse or the keyboard.

“Your contacts will see you as Active if the Skype app is running on your computer and you are either using the mouse or the keyboard. This change also aligns us with the Skype 7 behavior you are familiar with,” Microsoft explains.

Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature Set-your-status-in-Skype.jpg

The company is also working on a new model that would give you access to more controls including Active, Recently Active, Away and Not Active. This new option allows users to take full control of their status and you can edit the status to meet your needs.

A “Quiet Mode” feature is also in the works that would let you silence incoming calls or messages if you wish to not get disturbed. To do this, users can simply select “Do Not Disturb” custom status.

If all the above features or changes were not enough, Microsoft is also working on a status messages feature that will reveal whether you are unreachable or are busy at work. You will have a predefined list of status messages and there’ll be an option to add a new status message. These status messages will be visible across the platform.

These features are expected to be rolled out to users on all platforms in the coming days or weeks. Do let us know your thoughts about the new features in the comments below.

The post Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Skype features currently being worked on

Source: Thank you for your Skype Feedback - Microsoft Community

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 22, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Firmware 3.90 with Skype Now Available on Network Update

Fanboy reports that the PSP 3.90 firmware update is now available. The new firmware available only through Network Update will bring Skype for all PSP-2000 models. Here are the official details:
    • Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
    • Skype has been added as a feature under Network. (Only for PSP-2000 series)
    Skype requires a PSP headset in order to work properly.

Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature skyeponpsp_thm.jpg

Source: PSP Fanboy

malware, Sep 22, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is working on a new update for Skype for Windows with focus on status feature - Similar Threads - Microsoft working update

2. New Skype Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Skype Update: There was a new update earlier and my computer automatically download it. I always use video call with the computer camera, and it always let me use it before todays update. Now that i havet his update, it says that the camera isnt available like it doesnt recognize it. Is...
  3. New Skype for content creators feature available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype for content creators feature available: Skype is used worldwide as a tool for bringing callers into a variety of different podcasts, live streams, and TV shows. Today, we made it even simpler to bring your incoming audio and video calls to life with the Skype for content creators feature. Building off the Skype TX...
  4. Skype features currently being worked on

in Windows 10 News
    Skype features currently being worked on: Thank you to every Skype user that has taken time to share feedback with us. Your opinion matters deeply and helps drive our priorities forward. We are committed to making Skype the best and most powerful communication platform out there for connecting work groups, families,...
  5. Skype Preview for Windows 10 gets a new feature in latest update for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview for Windows 10 gets a new feature in latest update for Insiders: Late last week, Microsoft updated Skype for Windows with one new feature that lets you hide conversations instead of deleting them. The new feature is currently available in the latest preview release and it’s gradually rolling out to all platforms this week. “We’re glad to...
  6. Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface: Microsoft recently announced a major update for Skype UWP app on Windows 10, bringing new features and refinements. Microsoft today in a blog post announced that the old classic Skype is also receiving a new update with similar changes and improved interface. If you’re still...
  7. Skype not working on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype not working on new Laptop: Having this Dell Laptop recently and setting the various email accounts and other programs previously used on my old HP laptop. Now I've come to setup my Skype account to use it to contact my overseas contacts, when it is clicked I see a splash and nothing else. Read...
  8. New update for SKYPE

New update for SKYPE: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released. Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested. 33907
  9. Skype Update: What's New...???

Skype Update: What's New...???: Hi, I updated Skype a few days ago and I just installed the new "Windows 10 Creator's Update" which took a long time to install. However, today Skype says this: "You already have the latest version of Skype installed. The new version of Skype has all the great...
  10. Issues with Skype status and calling

in Windows 10 News
    Issues with Skype status and calling: We have detected an issue that is affecting Skype in a number of ways. If you're signed in to Skype, you will not be able to change your status and your contacts will all show as offline even if they are online. As a result, you won’t be able to start Skype calls to...