Windows 10: Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

Discus and support Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome.

After adding an improved version of Find box to Chromium, Microsoft is now working on two new features – Aura tooltips and contrast colours based on NativeTheme by default.

According to a commit by a Microsoft engineer, the company looks to improve dark mode implementation in Chromium web browsers with Aura tooltips. At the moment, when you hover a link in Chrome or Edge, the tooltip (text preview of the links or options) doesn’t respect the browser’s dark mode.

The tooltip preview is always light coloured and it doesn’t match the rest of the UI. In the comments of bug posts, Microsoft noted that it also discovered that when you change the text scaling via Settings > Ease of Access > Display > “Make text bigger” slider, the tooltip text does not get any bigger.

The tooltip’s dark mode incompatible issue and accessibility problems could be addressed by turning on Windows’ Aura tooltip by default.

Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers Chrome-dark-tooltip.jpg

An early version of Aura tooltip has been already enabled by default in Chrome Canary, but the feature is currently rendering the text previews in weird black background.

Contrast colours to respect Windows 10’s settings

As per another commit, Microsoft is working a “Forced colors mode” to apply the user’s OS forced colours theme to more compatible web content. If you turn on high contrast mode on your Windows 10 device, the supported web contents in Chrome will soon respect the setting and render the webpage in high contrast.

In a Github post, Microsoft revealed that the feature is already supported on classic Edge browser.

Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers Chrome-high-contrast.jpg

“Pass the state of high contrast from NativeTheme to the renderer and update the forced colors enum based on its value dynamically. This is used to evaluate the forced-colors media query,” the commit reads.

“This change also removes the use of DarkModeObserver in WebContentsImpl and NativeTheme in preference to NativeThemeObserver. WebContentsImpl and NativeTheme now implement NativeThemeObserver to track changes to both dark mode and high contrast,” Microsoft explains how this feature works.

Find box

Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers Chrome-Find-box.jpg

As mentioned, Microsoft is testing improvements for Find box in Chromium and one of the change will allow Find box to pick up the selected text.

The post Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 30, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

Edge Browser features

I would like to use the Microsoft Edge browser, however, it seems to be lacking in many features that are pretty much standard on other browsers, such as, IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Does anyone know if the Edge browser will soon have some of the features
    that are standard in other browser such as the normal ToolBar. To me the toolbar is a much needed feature which makes it much easier to do many things on a regular basis. As it stands I will soon be returning to Chrome and if such happens I doubt I will find
    out if Edge has added these types of features.

AshleyPourciau, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

1. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers - Similar Threads - Microsoft working features

2. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  3. Recaptcha suddenly not working on the new Microsoft Edge Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recaptcha suddenly not working on the new Microsoft Edge Browser: Everything was fine yesterday. Today when I have gone to login to a site that requires recaptcha verification I cannot because the recaptcha box is not showing at all. I am being told that the new Microsoft Edge browser is out of date....
  4. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  5. New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC: I have been having issues with Chrome for the past couple of months. It opens but does not do ANYTHING else. Edge used to work but when I downloaded the new Edge browser, the same thing happens. It opens but it will not do anything else. No buttons work except for the...
  6. Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome: Ever since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain projects. For example, Google is closely working with Microsoft to optimize Android for dual-screen devices like Surface Duo. Similarly, Microsoft is actively...
  7. Microsoft is testing two new scrolling features for Chrome and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing two new scrolling features for Chrome and Edge: After Google, Microsoft has become one of the biggest contributors to the open-source platform and community Chromium. As part of its plan to improve Chromium which also powers Edge browser, Microsoft is working on two new scrolling features to improve webpages scrolling in...
  8. Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature: The latest Canary update for both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge adds a ‘reveal password’ button that will let you check the password that you’ve entered on the login page. In Google Chrome Canary version 78.0.3868.0 or newer, you don’t have to enable experimental flag to...
  9. Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft is rolling out a new update for both Microsoft Edge Dev and Canary versions on Windows 10. The latest update to Microsoft Edge Canary comes with support for Grammar tools which were available in the previous Microsoft Edge browser. The grammar tools can be used in...
  10. New features in Edge Browser on Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 News
    New features in Edge Browser on Windows 10 v1809: [ATTACH] Windows 10 October 2018 Update comes with cloud-powered Clipboards, Swift Keyboard and new emojis. Besides these, Microsoft has also tried to fine-tune the experience of using its built-in web browser – Microsoft Edge. The browser has received some fluent design...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when is edge chromium coming out

2. when will chromium edge be released

3. when will edge chromium release

4. edge browser release date