Windows 10: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge

Discus and support Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge is the new big thing in browsers market, and despite the fact that it’s still in beta, it has been downloaded over a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge

The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge is the new big thing in browsers market, and despite the fact that it’s still in beta, it has been downloaded over a million times by Windows and macOS users.

Microsoft is open about the development of new Edge and it is also publicly contributing to Chromium platform. In addition to significant scrolling improvements, Microsoft is working on Windows Timeline support for the new Edge browser.

Microsoft recently confirmed that they are actively working on Windows Timeline support for the browser. Microsoft Edge would offer Timeline integration by default, though it’s unclear if the Timeline integration will be baked directly into the browser or the company will offer it with an extension.

“Yup, we’re actively working on it,” a Microsoft engineer confirmed when a user asked about Timeline support for Edge.

Windows Timeline was originally limited to UWP or classic Microsoft Edge, but last year, the Redmond firm released an extension that also allowed Chrome to use Windows Timeline.

Timeline is one of the star features of Windows 10 that automatically creates snapshots of apps, documents, and webpages. Timeline support in Edge will allow you to restore web activities at a later time on your PCs or Microsoft Launcher-powered Android phone within the next 30 days.

The post Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 27, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge

Internet Explorer is dead: Microsoft to stop supporting early versions yesterday WITH POLL

Agree. Edge is a huge step up from IE 11 and really works well built into Windows 10. I think Microsoft is going to be adding extention support i n the future?

Easy Rhino, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge

1. Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft working Timeline

2. Edge iOS not syncing to windows 10 timeline

in Browsers and Email
    Edge iOS not syncing to windows 10 timeline: Hey guys I have edge chromium on my iPhone and up until about 3 days I always saw my activity in the task view timeline, it just stopped, I did nothing to change this. Re installed edge on my iOS and same thing. Not sure if its a recent bug but I always always able to see...
  3. Edge iOS not syncing to windows 10 timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge iOS not syncing to windows 10 timeline: Hey guys I have edge chromium on my iPhone and up until about 3 days I always saw my activity in the task view timeline, it just stopped, I did nothing to change this. Re installed edge on my iOS and same thing. Not sure if its a recent bug but I always always able to see...
  4. Timeline not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeline not working: I cant see my work history in task view its just got paused. I have checked all the needed settings and permissions are onmaybe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-not-working/a63a9eb8-657d-4b5e-a1a0-af687dd0cb61
  5. Will the new Microsoft Edge support the "http://" web pages?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will the new Microsoft Edge support the "http://" web pages?: And will the new Microsoft Edge display ANSI .txt files in my mother tongue Czech? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-new-microsoft-edge-support-the-http-web/2fd93ef2-153f-4136-b3ba-f4b434b806d8
  6. Microsoft brings Windows 10 Timeline to Chrome with a new extension

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings Windows 10 Timeline to Chrome with a new extension: Windows 10 Timeline was launched almost one year ago with April 2018 Update and the optional feature allows you to track what documents, web pages you’ve been working on recently. Timeline collects and organizes your activities into a single page, allowing you to quickly pick...
  7. Windows Timeline not working

Windows Timeline not working: Hello! I have two Windows laptops, and on both of them the timeline feature has stopped working recently. Activities, such as visited webpages etc. are collected, but they are all transparent, and when I click on them nothing happens. Any solutions to this problem? Best...
  8. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting Timeline support for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting Timeline support for Insiders: Microsoft Store is getting a new update for Windows 10 that appears to be rolling out to the Insiders at the moment. The Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring and Release Preview Ring should be getting Microsoft Store version 11809.1001.4.0 or newer with support for Windows 10...
  9. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 getting Timeline support for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 getting Timeline support for Insiders: Microsoft Store is getting a new update for Windows 10 that appears to be rolling out to the Insiders at the moment. The Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring and Release Preview Ring should be getting Microsoft Store version 11809.1001.4.0 or newer with support for Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows timeline with new edge