Windows 10: Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge

Discus and support Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft was testing a new feature in Windows 10 Mail app that would have forced users to open links found in emails on Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 6, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge

Earlier this year, Microsoft was testing a new feature in Windows 10 Mail app that would have forced users to open links found in emails on Microsoft Edge’s browser despite whatever selection users have as their default browser.

“For Windows Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring, we will begin testing a change where links clicked on within the Windows Mail app will open in Microsoft Edge, which provides the best, most secure and consistent experience on Windows 10 and across your devices. With built-in features for reading, note-taking, Cortana integration, and easy access to services such as SharePoint and OneDrive, Microsoft Edge enables you to be more productive, organized and creative without sacrificing your battery life or security. As always, we look forward to feedback from our WIP community,” Microsoft explained in a blog post.

Microsoft wanted to force Windows 10 Mail users to use Microsoft Edge browser for email links instead of your default browser. It’s worth noting that the test was being done on a preview build of next big update codenamed Redstone 5. As expected, the feature may never make it to the public release of the operating system.

If the reports are believed to be true, Microsoft won’t force you to open links from Mail app in Edge browser anymore.

Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge Windows-10-Mail-app.jpg

A leaked screenshot of the unreleased version of Windows 10 Mail app suggests that there will be an option to configure how the links found in emails would open. The leaked Mail app has an on or off toggle for opening links in Microsoft Edge.

The left sidebar in the Mail app also provides us with a closer look at new icons for mail folders and a slightly improved interface.

The post Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft isn’t planning to force Windows 10 Mail app to open links in Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft isn’t planning

2. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10: When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just...
  3. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  4. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  5. HELP - Mail app isn’t opening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP - Mail app isn’t opening?: I went to go check my emails for work, when I click on the mail app it loads up for one second then crashes submitted by /u/RohanParker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gf6hw3/help_mail_app_isnt_opening/
  6. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  7. windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge: any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-link-wont-open-chromeonly-edge/88527428-369f-4405-b99c-e6b32c963040
  8. Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.

Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.: As the title says, i can't open any links within the mail app on windows 10. When I click on a link it says "Unable to open ' specified link address'", for example: "Unable to open mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I have tried: Rebooting my laptop...
  9. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...
  10. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

in Browsers and Email
    Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that. I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar...