Windows 10: Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows

Discus and support Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has released an emergency out-of-band patch for a "critical"-rated security vulnerability, affecting all supported versions of Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows

Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows | ZDNet

Borg 386, Aug 18, 2015
  2. swarfega Win User

Nothing yet, may arrive this evening.

:)

swarfega, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows Explorer Freezes and Flickers when Moving or Scaling

Hi,

The issue re-emerged a few days after I patched the OS. Any additional insight?

My OS build is Windows 10 version 1703 - KB4016871

Thanks!

Rick C Lin, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Shubhayog Win User

Windows Phone 8.1 - Facebook News Feed issue.

Hard reset is no solution... !!

I had my device hard reset too, but that did not resolve the problem. I think, Microsoft needs to do an emergency patch release for this app to fix all the issues. Test it thoroughly before they make it available for the world to download on the Marketplace!
    It will save a lot of agony for all... !!

I hope Microsoft is listening... !!

Thanks.

Shubhayog, Aug 18, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Same here.. just got a defender update.

BunnyJ, Aug 18, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .not worried. . .probably never visit that site anyway. . .*Smile

7. Not only will I probably not go to that site, I'll probably never use IE. *Wink

Never have, why would I start now?

Edited: No where on the file list does it have Internet Explorer 11 x64 based version of Windows 10. In fact, I don't see anything about Windows 10, besides the "Applies to" at the bottom.

fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows

always only use internet explorer on websites you already know, I use it just to open outlook.com and read my email but don't even read news there. Prefer to play with Edge or stay on Chrome.

scandal1981, Aug 18, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I tried to download that in fact I did but when I went to install it, it said that it did not apply to my system. Maybe because I an using the Insider Build 10502 and that is also why it is not being shown in WU. I will try later maybe.

10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Hopefully this might be related to the type of Ransomeware "Rootkit" virus doing the rounds currently - infecting ALL browsers - not just IE11 -- which pops up a note saying you've got malware on your computer -- please ring XXXX to fix -- SCAM DO NOT RING THE NUMBER.

This piece of malware hides so deep that even quite well thought of A/V software like Malwarebytes doesn't detect or clean it -- usually reports system as Cleansed when it's not.

These rootkit type of viruses are VERY DIFFICULT to eradicate or protect against --usually a disk re-format and clean Windows re-install is the only cure.

Eventually defences might be provided against this type of attack - but probably not immediately.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Dch48 Win User
    I got that update along with the latest cumulative one on the 18th. IE 11 is remaining as my default until Edge gets further developed. I have Chrome but only use it for streaming to my Chromecast and Firefox is just not an option.

Dch48, Aug 18, 2015
  12. Borg 386 Win User
    Source

Borg 386, Aug 18, 2015
  13. swarfega Win User

Whats the KB number of this update?

swarfega, Aug 18, 2015
  14. BillyBob Win User
    Being an insider I just use Edge anyway, besides I just use Browsers to surf the net and Edge does a better job than most browsers except that it might not have all the bells and whistles just yet.

BillyBob, Aug 19, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Just getting this one now: • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444).
    Is it the one described in this thread?

Edit: Yup, that's it:

The security update for Windows 10 that is dated August 18, 2015, includes improvements in the functionality of Windows 10 and resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
    • 3088903 MS15-093: Security update for Internet Explorer: August 18, 2015

MS15-093: Security update for Internet Explorer: August 18, 2015

Summary

This security update resolves a vulnerability in Internet Explorer that could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage by using Internet Explorer. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain the same user rights as the current user. Customers whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less affected than those who operate with administrative user rights.

To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-093.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft issues emergency

2. Microsoft Patch Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Patch Update Issue: Hi, Please make me learn something about patch update. As on my SIEM my windows agent give me critical alert for not installing the following updateKB4011715 patch is not installed KB5029244 patch is not installed KB5022282 patch is not installed KB5021233 patch is not...
  3. Microsoft Patch Update Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Patch Update Issue: Hi, Please make me learn something about patch update. As on my SIEM my windows agent give me critical alert for not installing the following updateKB4011715 patch is not installed KB5029244 patch is not installed KB5022282 patch is not installed KB5021233 patch is not...
  4. Microsoft Patch Update Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency patch released to fix Xbox issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency patch released to fix Xbox issues: Microsoft has published a new Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency (out of the band) optional update for PCs running version 21H1, version 20H2 and version 2004. As per the tech giant, Windows 10’s latest emergency update will address issues experienced when using the Xbox Game...
  6. Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues: Windows 10 appears to be getting a new server-side update and it’s one that you might want to apply if you’ve been having any kind of performance issues, such as stuttering, flickering or text rendering issues when playing certain games. As we reported recently, performance...
  7. Emergency patch for Microsoft September 2019

Emergency patch for Microsoft September 2019: Kim Komando reports a major security flaw in IE 11 - where is the patch to fix this? Why is this not an auto update through Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/emergency-patch-for-microsoft-september-2019/43b7d724-5ae6-4c4c-a444-bfc8c76834fc
  8. Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability

Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has released an emergency patch for some of its antivirus products after a security researcher found a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to compromise computers. The flaw was discovered by vulnerability researcher and Google security engineer...
  9. Microsoft releases emergency patch for all versions of Windows

Microsoft releases emergency patch for all versions of Windows: Microsoft has released an emergency out-of-band patch for a critical flaw, affecting all supported versions of Windows. Users running Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows RT are all affected, including those running Windows Server 2008 and later. Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch: Just read this now Microsoft Issues Emergency Windows Security Update For A Critical Vulnerability If your computer is running Microsoft's Windows operating system, then you need to apply this emergency patch immediately. By immediately, I mean now!...