Windows 10: Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues

Discus and support Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I boot up my computer, eventhough I have japanese as both standard language and keybaord language it's always set to romaji mode (english letters)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UbuntuJackson, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues

When I boot up my computer, eventhough I have japanese as both standard language and keybaord language it's always set to romaji mode (english letters) and not in kana mode as it should. I would be grateful if mocrosoft could fix this, and it shouldn't be hard since they're such a huge company. And also for some reason this only effects non japanese people. I guess it has to do with the region you bought your Windows 10 or something?
    This is just really weird and it affects other softweres like libre office where it switches to romaji despite being in kana mode just a second ago.
    Please, microsoft at least fix this issue and I think many people will be really happy and it'll make it way more easy to use for people using a japanese keyboard. (Also please tell me if I have posted this in the wrong place, I have no idea what topic this belongs to or what the topics listed means)

:)

UbuntuJackson, Jul 26, 2019

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 26, 2019
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Chaelwyn Win User

Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues

Japanese language/locale issue

So I'm trying to unpack a zipped file that contains files with names in Japanese. I currently have my locale set to Japan in order to get non-unicode programs to use Japanese as the system language and, likewise, I also have Japanese IME language installed.
    I frequently use the Japanese IME keybaord when chatting with people so I know that it's working.

Most things work without issue and display normally. Some files, however, are displaying as either garbage symbols or black diamonds with question marks inside them and I can't figure out what the problem is. I've had someone else test it on their system
    and they didn't seem to have any issue.

Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues 16ffc277-6187-4673-8b8b-730d5a4f7fe0?upload=true.png

Any ideas?

Chaelwyn, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues

1. Microsoft Japanese keybaord issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Japanese keybaord

2. keybaord issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keybaord issues: I am having problems with my keyboard with a lot of things, its not just games. my keyboard has been having massive delays this started around 2 days ago, I tried to switch my keyboard and the delay still seems to have followed....
  3. keybaord issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keybaord issues: I am having problems with my keyboard with a lot of things, its not just games. my keyboard has been having massive delays this started around 2 days ago, I tried to switch my keyboard and the delay still seems to have followed....
  4. touch keybaord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keybaord: Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using alt+shift and the selectedlanguage would show up on the task bar. and I can click on the touch keyboard icon to bring upthe...
  5. touch keybaord

touch keybaord: Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using alt+shift and the selectedlanguage would show up on the task bar. and I can click on the touch keyboard icon to bring upthe...
  6. Japanese Microsoft IME

Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  7. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  8. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Keybaord doesent work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keybaord doesent work: So recently, i was on my pc than a few hours later whwn i came back to my pc, my keybaords rgb was off. Everytime i typed it would type multiple leters. I had no previous version of windows nor any vrius, according to avast.both keyboard and mouse work fine on other devices....
  10. Japanese language/locale issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese language/locale issue: So I'm trying to unpack a zipped file that contains files with names in Japanese. I currently have my locale set to Japan in order to get non-unicode programs to use Japanese as the system language and, likewise, I also have Japanese IME language installed. I frequently use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. japanese keyboard windows 10