Windows 10: Microsoft Jigsaw freezing, lose progress, lose bought puzzles, lose gold bars

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw freezing, lose progress, lose bought puzzles, lose gold bars in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know that this is a common problem because it keeps coming up on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/microsoftjigsaw with many complaints from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PilarTomcat, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Microsoft Jigsaw freezing, lose progress, lose bought puzzles, lose gold bars

I know that this is a common problem because it keeps coming up on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/microsoftjigsaw with many complaints from players, but no solutions from Microsoft. I use Windows 10 on a laptop that is about 4 months old. Everything is as up to date as it is possible to be.

The game freezes every now and then for about 8 seconds. It's annoying if you are just doing a jigsaw but impossible if you are doing a timed daily challenge.

I've spent 2 or 3 HOURS over the last couple of weeks working through suggested fixes from Microsoft techs here on the forums, and then an additional solid 1.5 hours this morning. I have done all of these things, some of them multiple times:

• Used the reset function in Apps on the settings function
    • Run Powershell as Admin with a couple of different commands as given in this forum in various places
    • Run the Troubleshooting app buried in Updates and Security in settings.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times
    • Made sure Windows store is up to date
    • Made sure the game app is up to date
    • Changed the privacy setting so that I don't get personalised ads served

As of now, I have all of the gold bars I expect to see, none of the puzzles I have already bought which I would need to download again for about the 15th time and it is still freezing.

Dear Microsoft - you make money from us playing the game as those advertisers pay you. Please can you urgently address these issues and help us out?

:)

PilarTomcat, Sep 12, 2020

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle

Sometimes Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle freezes on my computer and I have to reset it. It is really annoying because resetting results in losing my progress. Is there any fix? Thank you

Ilyse Fujiwara, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle not working on your PC. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to uninstall from Apps & feature under Windows Settings and then reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle from Microsoft Store.

Regarding, the points and the progress in the game which you will not lose during the reinstallation process. After reinstallation use the same Microsoft account you used previously for the game and all the progress and points will sync.

Also, let me point you in the right direction of support. I would suggest you to post your query on
    Microsoft Casual Games community,
    where we have expertise and support professionals to assist you with your query.

Regards.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft Jigsaw freezing, lose progress, lose bought puzzles, lose gold bars

Magic Jigsaw Puzzles freezes in Windows 10

OT- Magic Jigsaw Puzzles

Using version 2.5.0.13, when I try to open a puzzle for the group I created from my pictures, the puzzle goes to black along with the rest of the picture group and Magic Jigsaw Puzzles freezes. Is there away to either fix this or reinstall the app without
    losing everything I have stored within the app?

LawrenceBeck, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Jigsaw freezing, lose progress, lose bought puzzles, lose gold bars

1. Microsoft Jigsaw freezing, lose progress, lose bought puzzles, lose gold bars - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw freezing

2. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  3. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  4. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Jigsaw losing my sets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Jigsaw losing my sets.: Up until a few days ago everything was fine. I'm not on premium, the ads on this game at least aren't that intrusive. But last two days I've struggled to find my sets. When I go to collections they are there, but when I download them and come back the next day not only are...
  6. not getting all my gold bars on Microsoft jigsaw daily puzzles

not getting all my gold bars on Microsoft jigsaw daily puzzles: Not getting all my gold bars on the Daily puzzles, the first 30 bars each day, are not added to the total gold bars. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-all-my-gold-bars-on-microsoft-jigsaw/54a473b4-4b22-43a2-b8d1-b9af080fe170
  7. lose the language bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lose the language bar: Hi , I lose the language bar and cnnot change the typing method. I try to run ctfmon.exe but no response for me. what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-the-language-bar/55ea4184-1000-4931-a4e0-11e39d14ecc3
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle Freezing

Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle Freezing: I've gone through all of your fixes for this problem and it still freezes. I'm at my wits end! Any and all help would be appreciated. RDS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw-puzzle-freezing/d891417d-d07a-48f0-844b-b1b3fec113bc
  9. Losing WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing WiFi: I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could not reconnect, it would try to connect to my network but tell me it was unable to connect. First thought was the WiFi driver...
  10. C: drive progressively loses space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C: drive progressively loses space: Hello, My C: drive is progressively losing space the longer my computer is on. I am currently experiencing the worst example of it so far, which has prompted me to post this support request. Three hours ago, I turned my computer on. C: had 32GB of free space. Thirty...