Windows 10: Microsoft Jigsaw gets freeze and shut down

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw gets freeze and shut down in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Microsoft Jigsaw gets freeze and shut down... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JessiWade, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JessiWade Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw gets freeze and shut down

:)

JessiWade, Oct 30, 2018
  2. JessiWade Win User

JessiWade, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Schlag 96 Win User
    Microsoft Jigsaw Will Not Load

I was getting Error Code: 0x803F8001 both before and after "uninstalling" Microsoft Jigsaw. It worked perfectly for years, but stopped working within the last week. It would start to load, and eventually bomb out. I have tried the following suggestions:

• Uninstall Jigsaw. Now I cannot reinstall Jigsaw. Get Error Code: 0x803F8001

• All steps above from Jomari Arc . Step #4 took longer than expected, but it did eventually do what you
      said. These steps did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

• Microsoft Windows Store App. Troubleshooter - It ran and said it fixed a "possibly corrupted cache" . This did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

In a similar community, titled "Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001", I tried all of the steps from Loraine Mon, from this link: Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001

Again, this did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw. Messages are "downloading", then "acquiring license", and then it errors out with Error Code: 0x803F8001

Day after day, same problem. Xbox and Store and Solitaire all work fine. Microsoft Jigsaw is the problem. When it was installed, it bombed out trying to open. After "uninstalling", it will not reinstall.

Schlag 96, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Microsoft Jigsaw gets freeze and shut down

Hello JessiWade ,

Please try these troubleshooting steps

1. Open Cortana

Enter troubleshoot as a keyword in Cortana’s search box.

Select Troubleshoot to open the list of troubleshooters in Settings.

Select Windows Store App and click Run the troubleshooter

Go through the app troubleshooter’s resolutions.

2. Reset MS Jigsaw

Open the Cortana app.

Enter the keyword ‘apps’ in the search box, and then select to open Apps & features.

Scroll down the app list and select MS Jigsaw.

Then click Advanced options to open the settings shown directly below.

Press the Reset button.

A small box then opens stating that the option resets the app’s data. Press the Reset button there to confirm.

Restart Windows after resetting MS Jigsaw.

3. Reset the Microsoft Store Cache

Open the Win + X

Select Run to open that accessory.

Then enter ‘wsreset.exe’ in Run.

4. Check for App Updates

Go to the Microsoft Store tile on the Start menu to open that app.

Click the See more button at the top right of the MS Store app.

Select the Downloads and updates option to open a list of updates.

press the Get updates button to check for updates.

Hope it helps, have a good day

ManuelCapiro, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Jigsaw gets freeze and shut down - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw gets

2. Windows 10 freeze on shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freeze on shut down: Hi, I've just resetted my PC with everything removed and have a clean slate to start again. Problem is after a few days, with little apps installed and running happily, the shutdown freeze returned. I'm at a lost as to what to do. I'm not good in technical stuff so I'm...
  3. Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down

Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down: Good evening, I have had this problem approximately 3/4months after I purchased my laptop. My laptop will freeze (it will turn what ever colour is the main propotion of the colour on the screen at that specifici time and on running the error report I get this error:-...
  4. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle freezes and hangs up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle freezes and hangs up: Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle freezes and hangs up. This has happened twice in the last couple of years. The only way I've found to fix is reset the app. I've looked to the community to fix prior to resetting and nothing worked, so I had to reset to use. I pay for the premium...
  5. shuts down as it freezes

shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down: My wife has a new Surface Go 128gb version to replace her old Windows 10 tablet. She has played the Microsoft Jigsaw app for several years and it worked fine on her old Linx tablet. It launches on the Go in windows 10 S but crashes/closes down as soon as she tries to open a...
  7. shut down of laptop by Microsoft

shut down of laptop by Microsoft: I received a message on my laptop screen that said "Thread stuck in device driver." Microsoft then shutdown & restarted laptop. Can anyone tell me what that message means?...
  8. Problem: freeze on shut down and win update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: freeze on shut down and win update: Hi - non-tech guy here trying to figure out what is causing an irregular freezing on "stopping services" and consistent freezing on windows fall creators update (forcing going back to previous windows version). Summary: For the last few months, the computer would freeze on...
  9. Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down: I could find nothing in the update which indicated a problem. Since the occurrence is so rare I'll take a wait and see approach for now.
  10. Microsoft Shutting down CodePlex

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Shutting down CodePlex: Almost 11 years after we created CodePlex, it’s time to say goodbye. We launched CodePlex in 2006 because we, like others in the industry, saw a need for a great place to share software. Over the years, we’ve seen a lot of amazing options come and go but at this point, GitHub...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft jigsaw shuts down

2. microsoft jigsaw shutting down