Windows 10: Microsoft Jigsaw isn't syncing saved game data

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw isn't syncing saved game data in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has happened to me twice now. I've had to uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw and lost all the puzzles I've done for the last couple years. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Not1A1Gamer, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft Jigsaw isn't syncing saved game data

This has happened to me twice now. I've had to uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw and lost all the puzzles I've done for the last couple years. My XBox accountname shows up in the top corner, but it's clearly not actually saving the data when I finish a puzzle or download a new collection.

This is super frustrating because all the puzzles I've done have now been reset.

Google searches for this problem show other people complaining about it but no answer from Microsoft. Other than suggesting to uninstall and reinstall it, which is how all my progress got deleted in the first place.

:)

Not1A1Gamer, Mar 28, 2020

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Schlag 96 Win User
    Microsoft Jigsaw Will Not Load

I was getting Error Code: 0x803F8001 both before and after "uninstalling" Microsoft Jigsaw. It worked perfectly for years, but stopped working within the last week. It would start to load, and eventually bomb out. I have tried the following suggestions:

• Uninstall Jigsaw. Now I cannot reinstall Jigsaw. Get Error Code: 0x803F8001

• All steps above from Jomari Arc . Step #4 took longer than expected, but it did eventually do what you
      said. These steps did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

• Microsoft Windows Store App. Troubleshooter - It ran and said it fixed a "possibly corrupted cache" . This did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

In a similar community, titled "Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001", I tried all of the steps from Loraine Mon, from this link: Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001

Again, this did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw. Messages are "downloading", then "acquiring license", and then it errors out with Error Code: 0x803F8001

Day after day, same problem. Xbox and Store and Solitaire all work fine. Microsoft Jigsaw is the problem. When it was installed, it bombed out trying to open. After "uninstalling", it will not reinstall.

Schlag 96, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Microsoft Jigsaw isn't syncing saved game data

Jigsaw can't sign in

We also suggest resetting Microsoft Jigsaw from the Settings menu to resolve any corrupted game data.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find Microsoft Jigsaw and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Sign in to the game and check if it works.

Another solution we recommend is to uninstall and reinstall the game. This will replace corrupted game files. Refer to

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
    for the steps.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to provide you additional suggestions.

Catherine Cus., Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Jigsaw isn't syncing saved game data

1. Microsoft Jigsaw isn't syncing saved game data - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw isn't

2. Removing glitched save game in Microsoft Jigsaw on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing glitched save game in Microsoft Jigsaw on Windows 10: Hi, I had my laptop die on me from low bat and it's corrupted the progress of a couple of puzzles I was completing on Microsoft Jigsaw. These in progress puzzles are now completely glitched, having double pieces of certain pieces, pieces "locking together" with gaps between...
  3. Removing glitched save game in Microsoft Jigsaw on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing glitched save game in Microsoft Jigsaw on Windows 10: Hi, I had my laptop die on me from low bat and it's corrupted the progress of a couple of puzzles I was completing on Microsoft Jigsaw. These in progress puzzles are now completely glitched, having double pieces of certain pieces, pieces "locking together" with gaps between...
  4. Game data not saved

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game data not saved: Hey, so I recently built a new pc and wiped all my drives so I could start from scratch because I basically only have games on my computer that just have saved data when I redownloaded them. This is not the case for Forza 4. I have Forza 4 from the windows store ad I have...
  5. Microsoft Jigsaw Loss of Classic Jigsaw Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw Loss of Classic Jigsaw Games: I purchased a considerable number of game packages under Classic Jigsaw. When, for some reason Jigsaw failed to open I re-installed it but lost most of the games I had purchased. This has happened before and it seems other users had the same problem....
  6. Microsoft jigsaw games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft jigsaw games: My Microsoft jigsaw games do not load. i get 2 games that cannot be deleted and two other games that have been played but appear as new. I have purchased over 160 games and cant play them...
  7. Microsoft data sync.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft data sync.: OK, when I log into my computer, it says that Microsoft could not sync my account, and it signed me into a guest account. I cannot access any of my files. The pop-up said to sign out and sign back in, which I did. Nothing was fixed and nothing actually happened. It's been...
  8. Microsoft Store, save game data problems.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, save game data problems.: Hi, can you help me with one problem in the game? I wanted to replace save game from other users on my The World of War Z on epic games platform i can easly transfer save progresion from other people, but it happened to me that I was going from scratch. I tried back up my...
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle Not Being Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle Not Being Saved: I had a master level puzzle about 80% complete but could not finish it in one sitting. When I got back to it, it was not there. In the past this did not happen. Where the incomplete puzzle note there is now a "want to get rid of ads?" note. Something happened in the most...
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Game: This morning I had problems getting into the game. I owned every puzzle available to purchase and I had completed all of them until there were are least two more levels added. I have my correct amount of gold, but I no longer own all the puzzles. What do I need to do to...