Windows 10: Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife has a new Surface Go 128gb version to replace her old Windows 10 tablet. She has played the Microsoft Jigsaw app for several years and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sbcs37, Oct 25, 2018.

1. sbcs37 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down

My wife has a new Surface Go 128gb version to replace her old Windows 10 tablet. She has played the Microsoft Jigsaw app for several years and it worked fine on her old Linx tablet. It launches on the Go in windows 10 S but crashes/closes down as soon as she tries to open a puzzle. We tried all of the solutions suggested. We tried the reset, the wsreset, and the 4 solutions suggested by information through the community. All to no avail. We therefore upgraded the Surface Go to full Windows 10 as offered through Windows store. Re-installed M/S Jigsaw, and found the same issue. We went through all the solutions again, and still no success.

We ran the Troubleshooter and it said that there were no issues. So we uninstalled the app and then re-installed. Re-booted the Go and then tried the app again. It still crashed/closed down. This time however when we ran the troubleshooter it told us that a crashed app had been found but not fixed. If I then try all the solutions again and run the troubleshooter it tells me that everything is ok with no issues, but then running the app it crashes once again.

Does anyone have any ideas as my wife does miss doing the daily puzzles and it seems very strange that we can run the app successfully on a £200 tablet but not on a £590 new Surface Go.

:)

sbcs37, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Schlag 96 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw Will Not Load

I was getting Error Code: 0x803F8001 both before and after "uninstalling" Microsoft Jigsaw. It worked perfectly for years, but stopped working within the last week. It would start to load, and eventually bomb out. I have tried the following suggestions:

• Uninstall Jigsaw. Now I cannot reinstall Jigsaw. Get Error Code: 0x803F8001

• All steps above from Jomari Arc . Step #4 took longer than expected, but it did eventually do what you
      said. These steps did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

• Microsoft Windows Store App. Troubleshooter - It ran and said it fixed a "possibly corrupted cache" . This did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

In a similar community, titled "Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001", I tried all of the steps from Loraine Mon, from this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...803f8001/218cfe1c-12c7-4b33-9b13-658968b53dc6

Again, this did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw. Messages are "downloading", then "acquiring license", and then it errors out with Error Code: 0x803F8001

Day after day, same problem. Xbox and Store and Solitaire all work fine. Microsoft Jigsaw is the problem. When it was installed, it bombed out trying to open. After "uninstalling", it will not reinstall.

Schlag 96, Oct 25, 2018
  3. LarryGZE Win User
    Microsoft Jigsaw crash

I can play the game (MS Jigsaw) for approximately 5 minutes before it will close out.

I've also noticed that I can not download any of the puzzles I have already without it crashing completely.

Any ideas or suggestions?

LarryGZE, Oct 25, 2018
  4. GeriCatS Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw crash

Sangeeta, is this about Microsoft Jigsaw or 'Magic Jigsaw Puzzle'? If it is about Microsoft Jigsaw, will I lose all gold points when I reinstall? Thank you for your help.

GeriCatS, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw keeps

2. my microsoft jigsaw game keeps crashing and closing. what can be done about this? i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft jigsaw game keeps crashing and closing. what can be done about this? i have...: my microsoft jigsaw game keeps crashing and closing. what can be done about this? i have tried several different ways to get it to work but nothing helps....
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes: Why does my Microsoft Jigsaw keep freezing and then crashes? It's very annoying! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw-crashes/3ab13d31-27c6-4258-b4d3-1fa2b5203838
  4. Microsoft jigsaw, can't close adverts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft jigsaw, can't close adverts: I cannot close the "Slot" advert to play any of the Microsoft Jigsaw games. I have tried re-installing but still have the same problem. Can anyone help? Many thanks....
  5. Microsoft Jigsaw Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Crashing: Every time I open Microsoft jigsaw and try to play it will start to load but then crashes and exits out before completing the loading, so I can't play. I have restarted the app and uninstalled and re-installed it, as well as checked for updates in the Microsoft store but...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashing: I am having a problem with Jigsaw crashing when I try to launch a game, I have reset the app, reinstalled it, updated windows and reset a reinstalled again. The app gives the jigsaw animation, then a black screen, as if it is trying to load an ad or similar, I am connected to...
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzles - Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzles - Crashes: Does anyone have a fix? I have been doing the puzzle game for about a year or a year and a half, once in a while wit would freeze and automatically close. As simple restart would bring me back to where I was. Now the system opens to try to show an advertisement and it...
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw Crashes: I have been dealing with the issue that the game crashes when it is loading. Have worked with the Microsoft Community and followed all the different recommendations and unfortunately it hasn't worked. The issue is that the game crashes when it is connect to the internet....
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes: Microsoft Jigsaw crashes as the program is trying to load the video advertisements. I ran the windows store troubleshooter, it identifies hanging or crashing programs are not fixed. In the details it gives NET HELPMSG 2182. I've tried everything I can find on all of the...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down: In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft jigsaw keeps crashing

2. microsoft jigsaw crashes

3. microsoft jigsaw crashes windows 10

4. why does microsoft jigsaw keep crashing,
  5. microsoft jigsaw keeps closing,
  6. microsoft jigsaw crashing,
  7. microsoft jigsaw crashes in windows 10,
  8. why does microsoft jigsaw keep closing,
  9. fix microsoft jigsaw,
  10. jigsaw keeps crashing,
  11. microsoft jigsaw keeps crashing windows 10,