Windows 10: Microsoft Jigsaw - malware issue

Discus and support Microsoft Jigsaw - malware issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As of today I am 95% convinced that Microsoft Jigsaw has introduced a form of malware which causes Edge to open a new window with a scam 'for BT users'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jstranger, Apr 21, 2019.

1. jstranger Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw - malware issue

As of today I am 95% convinced that Microsoft Jigsaw has introduced a form of malware which causes Edge to open a new window with a scam 'for BT users' to enter a survey and win a prize. Most appear to come from a domain called chanelets- something or todayfreegift or similar. I have run a scan on my PC and cleared Edge history with no effect. Only when I close Jigsaw do I no longer get these 'popups'. Microsoft really should make a statement about this one way or the other.

Jon

:)

jstranger, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Schlag 96 Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw Will Not Load

I was getting Error Code: 0x803F8001 both before and after "uninstalling" Microsoft Jigsaw. It worked perfectly for years, but stopped working within the last week. It would start to load, and eventually bomb out. I have tried the following suggestions:

• Uninstall Jigsaw. Now I cannot reinstall Jigsaw. Get Error Code: 0x803F8001

• All steps above from Jomari Arc . Step #4 took longer than expected, but it did eventually do what you
      said. These steps did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

• Microsoft Windows Store App. Troubleshooter - It ran and said it fixed a "possibly corrupted cache" . This did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw.

In a similar community, titled "Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001", I tried all of the steps from Loraine Mon, from this link: Microsoft Jigsaw Error code Ox803F8001

Again, this did not allow me to reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw. Messages are "downloading", then "acquiring license", and then it errors out with Error Code: 0x803F8001

Day after day, same problem. Xbox and Store and Solitaire all work fine. Microsoft Jigsaw is the problem. When it was installed, it bombed out trying to open. After "uninstalling", it will not reinstall.

Schlag 96, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw Stuck Ad

Since the troubleshooter wasn't able to resolve the issue, we suggest resetting the application and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Locate Microsoft Jigsaw, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Jigsaw to resolve the issue. Click this
    article
    for reference on how to remove a program in Windows 10.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Martin Bar, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw crashes on opening

Hi Eric,

If you play the app and your Microsoft account is online, all data will be saved but if you played it offline, all data will be lost once you uninstall/reinstall the app. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you repair it on
    Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Go to search and type Control Panel.
    • In search results, select Programs.
    • Select Program and Features.
    • Choose the selected app (Microsoft Jigsaw).
    • Right-click and hit repair.
    Please update us on how the troubleshooting went.

Dyan Rey, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Jigsaw - malware issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Jigsaw malware

2. Microsoft jigsaw issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft jigsaw issue: On 3 occasions I have been doing classic jigsaw the biggest one in each of the jigsaw groups. One completely disappeared when I was 90% done.On 2 occasions over the last 3 days one in particular I have been doing twice. Yesterday I left it at 42% done and just went into it...
  3. Microsoft jigsaw issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft jigsaw issue: On 3 occasions I have been doing classic jigsaw the biggest one in each of the jigsaw groups. One completely disappeared when I was 90% done.On 2 occasions over the last 3 days one in particular I have been doing twice. Yesterday I left it at 42% done and just went into it...
  4. Performance issues with Microsoft Jigsaw Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance issues with Microsoft Jigsaw Premium: It's been quite a while since i've benn experiencing issues with the performance, I had to disable music since it keeps on sounding choppy, the movement of the pieces feels choppy as well, you attempt to grab a piece anda grab another instead. I have unistalled and re...
  5. Performance issues with Microsoft Jigsaw Premium

Performance issues with Microsoft Jigsaw Premium: It's been quite a while since i've benn experiencing issues with the performance, I had to disable music since it keeps on sounding choppy, the movement of the pieces feels choppy as well, you attempt to grab a piece anda grab another instead. I have unistalled and re...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw Premium memory Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Premium memory Issues: I have tried almost every "Windows High memory Usage" fix that I see posted Nothing works.I have used Jigsaw Premium for years I play a few hours a day.It looks like the game keeps using more and more memory, but never frees it up.When I start a new day, I can see remnants in...
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw Premium memory Issues

Microsoft Jigsaw Premium memory Issues: I have tried almost every "Windows High memory Usage" fix that I see posted Nothing works.I have used Jigsaw Premium for years I play a few hours a day.It looks like the game keeps using more and more memory, but never frees it up.When I start a new day, I can see remnants in...
  8. Microsoft Jigsaw Premium memory Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw Zoom Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Zoom Issue: Jigsaw changed the minimum zoom size and now I cannot get all the pieces on a screen with room to work. Every thing was fine until last week when it changed itself. I cannot zoom out enough to make the pieces useable....
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues: Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues I've lost all my purchased collections after accepting the new Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle app!!!! My points have remained but everything from the past has gone. I’ve been playing this game for over two years and not happy about this problem! How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft jigsaw virus

2. microsoft jigsaw malware

3. microsoft jigsaw problems

4. microsoft jigsaw malware ads,
  5. windows jigsaw malware ads,
  6. microsoft puzzles jigsaw ghosting problems,
  7. having problems with microsoft jigsaw,
  8. is there malware in microsoft jigsaw,
  9. microsoft jigsaw ransomware malwarebytes,
  10. microsoft jigsaw puzzle problems,
  11. microsoft jigsaw problems 2019,