Windows 10: Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances...

Discus and support Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has a lot to fix in Windows 10 and the update that’s expected to launch in October or November is supposed to do just that and bring new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances...

Source

:)

labeeman, Sep 20, 2015

2. Podcasting Syncing via Desktop App - cover art (album art)

I find that one of the biggest annoyances in the media player -- it has pathetic support for ID3 information. It'll show the title and album fine, but nothing else (like the description field or embedded images).

Yakko Warner, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 causes my Synaptics touchpad to revert to default on each and every reboot.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Overall Windows 10 is great, but the upgrade has just been a headache with having to reconfigure so much on my HP laptop. Every reboot, the touchpad reverts back to factory defaults. I can't find any info (either on Microsoft,
    HP or Synaptics' website) on how to set new defaults. The biggest annoyance for me is that when I'm typing in a browser window, the pinch zoom gets activated and it keeps zooming in and out. I like to deactivate the pinch zoom on touchpad and it solves it.
    But then, every reboot I get the same problem - and just like you mentioned, you have to fix it by creating a new profile. Hopefully we get an answer! Thanks for posting in the first place!!

Motherhoude, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Geneo Win User

Now if they would only fix the description, that is, give us one.

Geneo, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Dch48 Win User
    Hmmm, that never annoyed me in the slightest.

Dch48, Sep 20, 2015
  6. magilla Win User
    I would sure like to see the pennant in the right hand corner that represented multiple things, like updates, security, etc. It was convenient and useful. Grateful for what that have been working on.

magilla, Sep 20, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

8. f14tomcat Win User

Side question to the thread... if it is 4:08 am here ET, and you are in Idaho, how can it be 8:08 am your place? *Huh

f14tomcat, Sep 22, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Ooooh good catch, when the time zone is set wrong in Win10, all kinds of things don't work or work correctly!

Cliff S, Sep 22, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Lee will fix it... *Smile

f14tomcat, Sep 22, 2015
  11. That's the new time zone with Win 10

MSUK - Microsoft UK Time *Wink

paulsalter, Sep 22, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Paul, c'mon, you know it, I know it, we all know it, for Microsoft there is only one time zone-- Redmond Washington*Nerd Upgrade, Repair Install and Clean Install all change or placed me in Redmond*Eek

Cliff S, Sep 22, 2015
  13. Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances...

lol, very true

paulsalter, Sep 22, 2015
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    I just call it Redmond Standard Time.... RST... It's whatever they say it is. Gotta check it, though! Updates, clean installs, whatever.... it will be
    • Redmond/Coordinates

47.6694° N, 122.1239° W
      Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances... [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Sep 22, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks for the cords, but dammit, I've already packed my ICBM's away for the coming winter*Sad

Cliff S, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Fixed Biggest

2. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....
  3. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....
  4. Window Defenders Is Annoying, FIX THIS ****.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Defenders Is Annoying, FIX THIS ****.: for fucksake, everytime window defender thinks that roblox exploits are completely virus, NO IT'S **** NOT IT'S A FALSE POSITIVE, everytime i tried to turned off this **** real protection every single time to not detect any roblox exploits, i added roblox exploit and it's...
  5. One Drive annoyance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One Drive annoyance: One Drive keeps placing a Documents folder on my desktop. I have completely uninstalled One Drive, reinstalled it, and moved all the One Drive folders to another drive/location via the One Drive settings option. I delete the folder from my desktop, and empty the recycle...
  6. Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10: Google has been trying to reduce memory usage of Chrome on Windows 10 and Chrome 87 was recently shipped with performance upgrade. Unfortunately, Chrome still eats up a lot of RAM, but Google now claims that it’s working on another very useful change that should reduce...
  7. Windows 10: Google seeks Microsoft’s help to fix Chrome’s biggest problem

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Google seeks Microsoft’s help to fix Chrome’s biggest problem: After Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update, the tech giant claimed that it had found a way to fix Chromium-based browsers RAM usage. The fix is ‘Segment Heap’, which is now included in Windows 10 and it should help reduce memory usage with some Win32...
  8. Is it just me, or is Windows update the biggest virus in the world?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it just me, or is Windows update the biggest virus in the world?: Another update another changes in security settings that makes my PC unusable, it literally prevents me to do simple tasks that I feel like I've been hit by ransomware and if I'm not paying a technician 100$ (at least) I will not be able to use my PC the way I used to. Why...
  9. Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!

in Windows 10 Support
    Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!: I have switched from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home, and all went well with the exceptions of a few do's and don't. The annoying issue it when I want to shut down the computer. At the lower left side there is the "Windows 10 logo" that I click on to make the shut down....
  10. Ransomware: A executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Ransomware: A executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web: Best defense is still to make backups regularly. *Wink Everything you need to know about ransomware: how it started, why it's booming, how to protect against it, and what to do if your PC's infected. Ransomware: An executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the...