Windows 10: Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

Discus and support Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting emails asking me to update details for a Virginmedia account that has been closed for 2 years and there are no details of this account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WalterBullock, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

I keep getting emails asking me to update details for a Virginmedia account that has been closed for 2 years and there are no details of this account on my computers. I have lost track of the number of times I have contacted Microsoft without getting a sensible reply.Somebody please help.

:)

WalterBullock, Jan 30, 2019

2. my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

BriJean2000, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have. :(

Zakin, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

1. Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have. - Similar Threads - Microsoft keep asking

2. Close Microsoft account which I don't have access to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close Microsoft account which I don't have access to: So I want to close a Microsoft account I don't have access to.I know the E-mail of the account. I have access to that said E-mail account.I don't know the password of the Microsoft account.I do not have the access to the cellphone number anymore that I provided the account...
  3. Close Microsoft account which I don't have access to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close Microsoft account which I don't have access to: So I want to close a Microsoft account I don't have access to.I know the E-mail of the account. I have access to that said E-mail account.I don't know the password of the Microsoft account.I do not have the access to the cellphone number anymore that I provided the account...
  4. I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have: I have just bought office 2021, as my old one stopped working. I have the purchase key, but it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have and it won't let me change it without knowing it ! I've tried to press 'I've forgotten my PIN', but it then sends me to the page to...
  5. I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have: I have just bought office 2021, as my old one stopped working. I have the purchase key, but it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have and it won't let me change it without knowing it ! I've tried to press 'I've forgotten my PIN', but it then sends me to the page to...
  6. Microsoft Hello is asking me for something I don't have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Hello is asking me for something I don't have: I made a second Microsoft account for the pc game pass. To log into the X-box app, it asks for a Microsoft Hello PIN I never created. I can't disable it on my laptop as it is not the account signed into my laptop. To change accounts on my laptop, its needs the Hello PIN I...
  7. I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it: I've been holding this windows 10 update for a while. When I try to update it, it asks me to delete VirtualBox which I deleted already from the past update. When I try to find VirtualBox there's no, but the windows update still asks me to delete it, even after I refresh. I...
  8. My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet: So I recently attempted to change the primary email associated with my microsoft account, because when they changed xbox accounts over to full microsoft accounts, they migrated my account with the parental control email as the primary email, and I was finally tired of my mom...
  9. Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have: hello, last night I installed an update after previously purring off on windoes updates fir a few months. Howver after the reser this morning i was met with a screen in which it asks for a username and password. Prior to installing this update login would only require my...
  10. Microsoft account keeps asking to verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account keeps asking to verify: About every 12 to 24 hours, a notification appears in the bottom right of my screen to verify my identity. If I click it, it leads me to the picture below. I have done this 10 times. Any ides? 26180