Windows 10: Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Discus and support Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you all! I'm in desperate need of assistance and help with my OneDrive account. The OneDrive E - Mail Support is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisJNorris, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you all!

I'm in desperate need of assistance and help with my OneDrive account. The OneDrive E - Mail Support is absolutely laughable and no help at all whatsoever

I collect pro wrestling title histories as a small hobby project. I have all my files pretty organized and tidy in my OneDrive account

Well Microsoft kerps changing the ' Original Creation Date ' on some of my folders. I have OCD so when I see Microsoft changes the ' Original Creation Date ' to a' Modify Date ', my OCD kicks in and I hate it cause it throws me all off

This morning I was uploading more files, all of the sudden, my South America folder just disappears and it winded up in the Saved Pictures folder some how. So I move it back to the original location and let me be clear, I didn't move it myself out of it's original location

Anyways, when I moved it back the date change from the ' Original Creation Date ' to today date. I hate it and I want the ' Original Creation Date ' back under my the folder

I've been a paying and loyal OneDrive customer since the original SkyDrive days

Is there anyway possible I can get my ' Original Creation Date ' back on my folders?

Please, I'm hoping there is somebody that could help me get this resolved

:)

ChrisJNorris, Nov 6, 2019

2. More about file Creation and Modification File Dates

When a document is copied to a new location, the mod and creation date are changed to the date of the copy. But with picture and video files, these always also retain the original creation date regardless of how many times they were copied or edited.
    Why can’t something like this be implemented for other file types?

But the system is what it is. For those of you who need to know the actual date a file was created and/or modified, how do you keep track of this? Some files, like PDF’s also retain this data which can be viewed from within Acrobat or the Reader, but
    most other files just rely on Window’s properties. Any suggestions?

LonWinters, Nov 6, 2019
  3. File creation date is changed

Hi Alice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity and assist you better we’d need some more information regarding this issue.

1. Did you notice this issue recently?
    2. Do you use OneDrive to sync files?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you follow methods mentioned below to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Windows time service.

1. Open Services by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Look for Windows Time in the list on the right pane.
    3. Right click on the same > select Stop > right click > select
      Restart.
    4. Again right click select Properties.
    5. Click on the drop down menu next to Startup type: and select
      Automatic.
    6. Then click on Apply > OK.

Method 2: Configure Windows Date and time to automatic.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Date & time.
    2. Make sure the correct time zone is select under the
      Time zone.
    3. Turn ON the toggle switch under Set time automatically.

Method 3: Check Date and time UEFI.

Kindly refer to
    How to use Surface UEFI
    under the section
    Date and time
    to check the settings.

Hope it helps

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 6, 2019
  4. graye Win User

Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Restore from the File History overwrites the creation and change dates of all directories

The short answer is "no"

There is a fundamental issue with creation and mod dates on folders that make them more difficult to change. There are some free 3rd-party utilities that can help...

How to Change the Last Modified Date, Creation Date, and Last Accessed Date for Files and Folders

graye, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

1. Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Keeps Changing

2. How can I see my original creation date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see my original creation date?: I bought a new computer in May 2020.I copied all my files to this computer, so in the Windows File Explorer, the creation date of all the old documents are May 2020, even though all the document are from before that time.I know I can see in Word what the original date of...
  3. How can I see my original creation date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see my original creation date?: I bought a new computer in May 2020.I copied all my files to this computer, so in the Windows File Explorer, the creation date of all the old documents are May 2020, even though all the document are from before that time.I know I can see in Word what the original date of...
  4. How can I see my original creation date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creation date of a file

Creation date of a file: I rename in PowerShell an existing file from Syslog.log to SyslogBack.log. The creation date of SyslogBack.log is inherited from Syslog.log which is OK.Now I create a new Syslog.log using the PowerShell cmdlet Add-content.It turns out that Windows did not forget about the...
  6. Where are my original files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my original files in OneDrive: I backed up all my files from my main computer to OneDrive because I was scared of losing years of the work and projects in AutoCad. But now that I went to start drawing again on some of those projects I found that I am being directed to those backed up jobs instead of what I...
  7. Where are my original files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my original files in OneDrive: I backed up all my files from my main computer to OneDrive because I was scared of losing years of the work and projects in AutoCad. But now that I went to start drawing again on some of those projects I found that I am being directed to those backed up jobs instead of what I...
  8. Where are my original files in OneDrive

9. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?: Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I hope everyone is staying safe and well from this coronavirus mess I've been a longtime Microsoft OneDrive user and paying customer going all the wayback to the original days of SkyDrive I have had a huge issue and problem with...
  10. File creation date is changed

File creation date is changed: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-creation-date-is-changed/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive photos date changed

2. downloading onedrive folder changes created date

3. upload photos to onedrive without changing dates

4. onedrive changes document date even if i dont modify it,
  5. one drive changing created date on files,
  6. sort by date of creation of the onedrive file