Windows 10: Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password

Discus and support Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My password manager [Bitwarden] reflects accurately all my passwords, but whenever I need again to enter my MS password, MS says it's not correct, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Odin99, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Odin99 Win User

Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password

My password manager [Bitwarden] reflects accurately all my passwords, but whenever I need again to enter my MS password, MS says it's not correct, and I have to change it. This is more than a nuisance, because sometimes I need that password to restore Windows and when that happens I can't change the password. What can I do to remove this very serious glitch?

:)

Odin99, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Tufffind Win User
    **MICROSOFT**FORCED**ME**TO**CHANGE**MY**PASSWORD**

All week Microsoft has been trying to force me to us a 4 digit pin and I refuse and keep resetting and signing off to make it sign in with my password. I sign on and Microsoft won't let me in my computer until I changed the password and forced me to change
    my password...I"M P_SSED!!! I try to change it back and it won't allow me to change my password back. I've had the password over 5 yrs with no problems except for Microsoft being a PITA!!!!! I WANT MY OLD PASSWORD BACK!!!!! WHY IS MICROSOFT CONCERNED WITH
    SECURITY WHEN THE CRITICAL SECURITY UPDATE THEY DID DIDN'T WORK????? I'm SIICK OF MICROSOFT MESSING UP!!!!! I CALLED MICROSOFT TWO TIMES AND THEIR SYSTEM DIDN'T UNDERSTAND MY ANSWER AND IT HUNGUP ON ME BOTH TIMES....NOT HAPPY AT THIS POINT!!!!! YES, I
    HAVE ANGER ISSUES ATM!!!!!

I'M SO MAD!!!!!!!! I'M READY TO GO WITH LINUX!!!!!

WAS THIS ANOTHER CRITICAL UPDATE THAT CAUSED THIS?????

I WANT MY OLD PASSWORD BACK!!!!!

Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts / Keeping safe online

Tufffind, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Bruce SX Win User

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

She has changed the Google password.

Do we change her Microsoft password using her pc using the following steps?

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Bruce SX, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password - Similar Threads - Microsoft keeps forcing

2. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  3. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  4. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  6. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  7. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password: This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning that it will be very easy to get to them. And that for certain will not make systems more safe....
  9. My **** password force changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My **** password force changed: I cant access my computer anymore after force changed password. People may reply «reset by holding shift and restart pc and select reset computer» That doesnt work for me after i have done research. Help me i dont wanna lose my files and my windows liscense. Remove this...
  10. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out: So I have 2 devices, One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it. That device is connected to an outlook account which I can log in. Is there any way to recovery the password for that device? Thanks...