Windows 10: Microsoft keeps using my old e-mail adress for verification

Discus and support Microsoft keeps using my old e-mail adress for verification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently added new e-mail address A to my MS account and removed the old one B. However, whenever I need to enter a verification code in order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VH_993, Mar 19, 2020.

1. VH_993 Win User

Microsoft keeps using my old e-mail adress for verification

Hi,

I recently added new e-mail address A to my MS account and removed the old one B.

However, whenever I need to enter a verification code in order to change various settings of my account,
    it says that the code will be sent to my old email B.

Two issues here:
    1 How come that Microsoft uses the B even though I had deleted it?
    2 The code never ends up in my mailbox,. which means that I don't get the verification code and I'M STUCK - CAN'T DO ANY CHANGES TO MY ACCOUNT.

This is a MAJOR issue.

I am really tired of this... why does even the smallest change in settings has to be such pain in the ... with Microsoft?

PLEASE, unless you have specific answer to this question, don't reply.
    I don't need general and vague recommendations for complete dummies.

:)

VH_993, Mar 19, 2020

2. Adresses in mail / person app

On two PC's I have problems when filling the TO field in the mail app when starting a new mail. These PC's are in no way related / sharing information.

• I get NO suggestion for some of the adresses in the people app; for most I do.

When i click the adress book icon at the end of the address field in the new mail, I see the adresses in the list and can select it.
    • I get suggestions for people who are NOT in my address book.

How can I delete thoses suggestions and how come these adresses pop up?

Colenbrander, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Karl Lahm Win User
    Microsoft Account Verification E-mail Problems

After successfully setting up Windows 10 and, apparently, Microsoft Account, I spent many hours attempting to get Microsoft Account to recognize me via my Comcast e-mail addresses, with no luck. It would allow me to change e-mail addresses and notify me
    of the same, ditto for passwords, and send codes to my phone. But whenever I tried to sign in with my Comcast e-mail and password, the "we sent you a verification e-mail" screen would pop up, asking me for the code received. But I never received any code
    via Comcast e-mail. This prevented me from activating Office 2016 on my new computer, for a week. The Virtual Assistant was useless, as was all info I could find via Bing or Google searches. Finally, I changed my e-mail address to my seldom-used Gmail account,
    and then successfully received a verification e-mail and was able to manage my Microsoft Account settings and activate MS-Office. This is beyond annoying, but I expect that Microsoft will blame Comcast for blocking its verification codes.

Karl Lahm, Mar 19, 2020
  4. bertusjan Win User

how to remove old mail addresses linked to same people in win 10 live

hello
    i recieved a new mail adres from a contact of mine
    i send him a mail with windows 10 live mail no problem
    but i now see when i type the persons name it comes up double
    one is the person with the old mail adres and the same name with the new mail adress
    i removed this person from my contacts but the old name and adress combination keeps coming up
    it seems that live mail stores every mail send by name and adress in some kind of memmory
    how do i clear that list ?
    again i cleared the contact from my contact list in live mail windows but when i want te send a new mail even when person
    is not listed it pops up , so stragly live mail stores it somewhere and i want to delete the old mail adresses and names ever send
    please help me
    i found one solution
    Ga naar Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft
    Klik naast uw naam op het tandwielicoon en kies voor Opties.
    Klik onder Outlook aanpassen op Geavanceerde privacy-instellingen.
    Kies voor Alleen suggesties voor contactpersonen.
    Klik op Opslaan.
    but this is the correct display of live mail
    kind regards

- - - Updated - - -

i am running win 10 home version 1903

bertusjan, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft keeps using my old e-mail adress for verification - Similar Threads - Microsoft keeps using

2. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?: Wenn ich mich bei meinem primären Microsoft Konto anmelden möchte wird mir angezeigt, dass kein Konto mit meiner E-Mail existiert, wenn ich jedoch ein neues Konto mit der gleichen E-Mail erstellen wollen würde werde ich darauf hingewiesen, dass bereits ein Konto mit dieser...
  3. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?: Wenn ich mich bei meinem primären Microsoft Konto anmelden möchte wird mir angezeigt, dass kein Konto mit meiner E-Mail existiert, wenn ich jedoch ein neues Konto mit der gleichen E-Mail erstellen wollen würde werde ich darauf hingewiesen, dass bereits ein Konto mit dieser...
  4. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. E-Mail-Adresse von meinem Microsoft-Konto existiert nicht mehr

E-Mail-Adresse von meinem Microsoft-Konto existiert nicht mehr: Liebes Microsoft - Team,seit geraumer Zeit besitze ich ein Micrsosoft-Konto.Leider wurde die E-Mail-Adresse gelöscht, mit der mein Konto verbunden war.Ich habe keine zweite E-Mail angegeben und leider auch keine Handynummer.Nun komme ich nicht mehr an mein Konto und es wurde...
  6. Won't receive verification e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't receive verification e-mail: When I try to login, I am supposed to fill in the rest of the hidden e-mail to make sure I know the full e-mail and after doing that I am supposedly sent a verification code to said e-mail. However, I have tried multiple times now on different days and never have received the...
  7. Won't receive verification e-mail

Won't receive verification e-mail: When I try to login, I am supposed to fill in the rest of the hidden e-mail to make sure I know the full e-mail and after doing that I am supposedly sent a verification code to said e-mail. However, I have tried multiple times now on different days and never have received the...
  8. E-mail verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-mail verification: 10min after creating Microsoft account I got an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asking me to verify which just ended up sending me to Microsoft page. Is this a phishing email or is it actually a legit email...
  9. delete old not used e mail names

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete old not used e mail names: how do I delete old names from name list-not used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-old-not-used-e-mail-names/dce341a0-048e-4b87-8a1a-9a335f06a418
  10. old E mail address

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    old E mail address: Hi If I want To chance something in my Microsoft account and old no longer existing E mail adres appears .How can I remove this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-e-mail-address/7e3a59e2-5dcb-4951-aa84-4a0428aee1ae"