Windows 10: Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue

Discus and support Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While pairing my laptop Windows 11, my laptop detects the keyboard and provided a numerical paring code. I tried typing in this 6 digit code in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eugene Ooi1, May 26, 2023.

1. Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue

While pairing my laptop Windows 11, my laptop detects the keyboard and provided a numerical paring code. I tried typing in this 6 digit code in the keyboard and press enter, but it seem there is no feedback and unable to pair. Have tried multiple times and removing batteries

:)

Eugene Ooi1, May 26, 2023

2. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

KesseRasmussen, May 26, 2023
  3. Eaglepi Win User
    Logitech mouse and Keyboard issues

Thank you as well. I have no owned a corded mouse in 15 years or since they had wireless mice. Can I do the steps backwards, meaning do the keyboard first rather than the mouse since I will need a working mouse to do all this?

Eaglepi, May 26, 2023
  4. Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue

BT pairing code for Microsoft Foldable Keyboard not displayed

Hi Adrian,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Has the Microsoft Foldable Keyboard in Windows 10 computer ever worked?
    • What specific troubleshooting have you done so far?

Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, refer to these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • .Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

You can also refer to the steps provided in this article on how to set up a Bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10.

Should you have further questions, let us know.

Monica Cam, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue

1. Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Keyboard 7N9

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  3. Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue: While pairing my laptop Windows 11, my laptop detects the keyboard and provided a numerical paring code. I tried typing in this 6 digit code in the keyboard and press enter, but it seem there is no feedback and unable to pair. Have tried multiple times and removing batteries...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  5. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  6. Surface keyboard pairing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard pairing issues: A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of...
  7. Surface keyboard pairing issues

Surface keyboard pairing issues: A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of...
  8. Surface keyboard pairing issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Microsoft Designer 7N9-00019 not detected

Microsoft Designer 7N9-00019 not detected: I have bought microsoft designer 7N9-00019 bluetooth 4.0, but when turn on mouse and blue led flashed my laptop didn't detect the mouse nor the keyboard My Laptop specifications :- Brand : Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics...
  10. Pairing Issue with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

Pairing Issue with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard: My computer finds this keyboard when I attempt to pair a new device. When asked to enter pairing code on keyboard, it does not work. I don't see any characters being entered on my computer. Would anyone know what could be causing this? I have installed brand new batteries....