Windows 10: Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch'

Discus and support Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i type 'i' , it will always show as 'ch' , help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tiffpy, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Tiffpy Win User

Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch'

when i type 'i' , it will always show as 'ch' , help!

:)

Tiffpy, Apr 27, 2019

2. Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch' [​IMG]

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch' [​IMG]

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch'

Keyboard input problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Type "language" in the search bar, choose Settings, and then tap or click
      Add a language.

• Choose the language that you want to add, click Options next to the language name, and then click
      Add an input method.

• Browse the input method list and look for the keyboard layout you want to use.

• double-click the keyboard layout, and click Save.
    For more information click on the link below and see if it helps. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch'

1. Microsoft keyboard input bug : the letter on keyboard 'i' will show as 'ch' - Similar Threads - Microsoft keyboard input

2. How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input: We are developing a web application that runs on Windows 10 Mozilla Firefox browser that uses a QR Code Scanner and a Thermal printer. I want to bypass the highlighted settings below "show touch keyboard when there's no keyboard attached". Windows detecting our QR Code...
  3. How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input: We are developing a web application that runs on Windows 10 Mozilla Firefox browser that uses a QR Code Scanner and a Thermal printer. I want to bypass the highlighted settings below "show touch keyboard when there's no keyboard attached". Windows detecting our QR Code...
  4. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  5. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  6. Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean Keyboard Input Is Bugged Or Broken: When I first installed Windows 10, everything seemed to be fine but later on, I noticed one day, whenever I used the Korean keyboard, I kept typing random Korean letters and sometimes, even random alphabets. I really don't know what caused this problem because I didn't touch...
  7. Keyboard bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard bug: In the last couple of hours my machine developed a strange bug. When I type: if I'm typing in Word, dialog boxes open, menus get highlighted, the cursor location changes, perhaps as if the ctrl or tab key were being activated; if I'm typing in a URL bar, the text gets...
  8. keyboard inputs

keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  9. Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?

Will Microsoft fix the serious Keyboard Input Language bug?: I will try again, in case someone sensible at Microsoft might start fixing this. 1. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language and add 3 total languages to your system. 2. Alt+Shift now switches between 3 keyboard input languages. Let's now try to remove one of these...
  10. Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...