Windows 10: Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator 1.4 Wrong msi

Discus and support Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator 1.4 Wrong msi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used the editor to simply add a foreign character. I entered the character, did a verify and then did a test, which worked. I then did a build and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by glennr4466, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator 1.4 Wrong msi

I used the editor to simply add a foreign character. I entered the character, did a verify and then did a test, which worked. I then did a build and setup package. If I run the setup, it appear to run ok but it does not work even after a reboot, nothing happens. The I noticed that the build creates 3 msi files. There is an I64, a 386 and an AMD. I definitely have have a 64 bit I7. The msi that gets installed is the AMD. If I manually try to run the other 2 msi's they will say that that are not supported with my processor. If I uninstall the AMD msi, the US Custom layout goes away. If I delete the AMD msi, the setup will not work.

So how do I get the setup to run the correct msi or otherwise get this to work.

:)

glennr4466, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Naveen_M Win User

MS Keyboard Layout Creator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the version of Windows that you are using?

Based on my search, I see that the Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator is applicable for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows XP Service Pack 1, and Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Here is the
    system requirements information
    for Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4

Follow the below steps, and try to install the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.

1. Press 'Windows key + R' to open 'Run Command'.

2. Type 'appwiz.cpl' without quotes, and press enter.

3. In the 'Programs and features' window, click on 'Turn Windows features on or off'.

4. Enable '.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)' option.

5. Click on 'OK'.

Follow the on-screen prompts, and restart the system if required. This will install the .NET Framework feature. Try to install the MS Keyboard Layout Creator, and check.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator don't build

Hi Frank,

We need to ask you a few questions for us to better understand the situation. Please answer the following information:

• For clarification, what do you mean by "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4.6000.2 under Windows 10 don't build"?
    • Are you trying to use the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator? If yes, what happen when you launching the app?
    • Are you getting an error message?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator 1.4 Wrong msi

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator don't build

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4.6000.2 under Windows 10 don't build.

It shows for every build process 4 times the messages:

CL.EXE returned 1

RC.EXE returned 1

LINK.EXE returned 1

Using compatibility mode 'Windows 7' won't work too.

Frankxx_yy, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator 1.4 Wrong msi

1. Microsoft Keyboard Layout creator 1.4 Wrong msi - Similar Threads - Microsoft Keyboard Layout

2. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  3. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working: Hi, i'm using an Italian layout keyboard and since i'm starting developing i want to be able to type tilde and backtick w/o having to search for them not included in my basic it-it layout, however after trying the tool mentioned above i get the following error:"There was a...
  5. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working: Hi, i'm using an Italian layout keyboard and since i'm starting developing i want to be able to type tilde and backtick w/o having to search for them not included in my basic it-it layout, however after trying the tool mentioned above i get the following error:"There was a...
  6. Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Layout Creator own Symbols: Hello, I wonder if there is a possibility to make my own symbols and use them in a way I can use the ´ like over the é. But I want to use the symbols and letters from the alphabet UNDER the text, as shown in the screenshot. Thank you. : Regards Torsten [ATTACH]...
  7. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error: Hello. I made my custom keyboard layout and want to use it, but when I press on "Project>Build DLL and Setup Package" it says: "There was a problem building the keyboard file. Would you like to see warning/error information?" - and when I press "Yes" it says: "There were no...
  8. Keyboard layout creator error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout creator error: Hello, I have made a custom layout on my keyboard on the keyboard layout creator 1.4 but anything I put on vk_oem_102 the key next to the left shift key on iso layouts yields the error message saying that the key is not defined elsewhere and that it may not be present on all...
  9. Cannot find Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

Cannot find Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: Hi, I've recently formatted my computer and now I'm in the process of re-install everything I use. An important part of it is a KLC file that I have for a Keyboard layout which is missing in Windows 10 US Dvorak International. The problem is that I'm not able to find the...
  10. Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build

Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build: Hi, I've been encountering a problem with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 on Windows 10. The program works fine till it comes to building the DLL. When I try to build, it validates the keyboard with positive outcome but then says that an error as occured while...