Windows 10: Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error

Discus and support Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I made my custom keyboard layout and want to use it, but when I press on "Project>Build DLL and Setup Package" it says: "There was a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Анатолий Махинов, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error

Hello.

I made my custom keyboard layout and want to use it, but when I press on "Project>Build DLL and Setup Package" it says: "There was a problem building the keyboard file. Would you like to see warning/error information?" - and when I press "Yes" it says: "There were no warnings or errors". It goes on 4 times and I don't get setup file for my custom layout.

I installed Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator in "C:\MSKLC" so there is no space in file directory but it's still doesn't work, although it worked for others.

Anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Анатолий Махинов, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator don't build

Hi Frank,

We need to ask you a few questions for us to better understand the situation. Please answer the following information:

• For clarification, what do you mean by "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4.6000.2 under Windows 10 don't build"?
    • Are you trying to use the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator? If yes, what happen when you launching the app?
    • Are you getting an error message?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 21, 2020
  3. phil_co Win User
    Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build

Hi,

I've been encountering a problem with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 on Windows 10. The program works fine till it comes to building the DLL.

When I try to build, it validates the keyboard (with positive outcome) but then says that an error as occured while building. As it asks if you want to see the error message, though, it says that there is no error or warning to be reported. The error message
    appears four times during the failing build attempt.

As a result, no package for the keyboard is produced.

I have tried running the software with administrator rights and in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3 as suggested by Windows), The error is always the same. I have also tried reinstalling the software.

Is there anything else I could try to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Filippo

phil_co, Nov 21, 2020
  4. ahamdipm Win User

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error

ahamdipm, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error

1. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator build error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Keyboard Layout

2. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  3. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working: Hi, i'm using an Italian layout keyboard and since i'm starting developing i want to be able to type tilde and backtick w/o having to search for them not included in my basic it-it layout, however after trying the tool mentioned above i get the following error:"There was a...
  5. Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator not working: Hi, i'm using an Italian layout keyboard and since i'm starting developing i want to be able to type tilde and backtick w/o having to search for them not included in my basic it-it layout, however after trying the tool mentioned above i get the following error:"There was a...
  6. MSKLC Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 error -1073741819

MSKLC Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 error -1073741819: Dear community, I am getting errors with MSKLC 1.4 while building the dll and setup packages of my keyboard layout: [ATTACH] It is not the well known error 1 obtained due to none 8-long path names. And I cannot find any way to fix this -1073741819 error. I just know...
  7. MWKLC Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 building issues

MWKLC Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 building issues: Dear community, Could someone build for me the dll and setup package of mycustom keyboard layout? The file to be built is KeybdSK.klc Indeed, I am getting errors with in MWKLC 1.4 while building the dll and setup packages of my keyboard layouts. See picture below:...
  8. Keyboard layout creator error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout creator error: Hello, I have made a custom layout on my keyboard on the keyboard layout creator 1.4 but anything I put on vk_oem_102 the key next to the left shift key on iso layouts yields the error message saying that the key is not defined elsewhere and that it may not be present on all...
  9. Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build

Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build: Hi, I've been encountering a problem with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 on Windows 10. The program works fine till it comes to building the DLL. When I try to build, it validates the keyboard with positive outcome but then says that an error as occured while...
  10. Issue with building DLL in Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with building DLL in Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4: So I have successfully made one custom keyboard layout using the Windows Keyboard Layout Creator. I made a mistake or two however, and so I went to correct and upgrade it- but for some reason, when I try to build the DLL and setup packages, the program doesn't work. It...