Windows 10: Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

Discus and support Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried 2 different microsoft keyboards on 2 different WIN 10 laptops with Win 10 recently updated, they are both missing keystrokes now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amy Harmon, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

I have tried 2 different microsoft keyboards on 2 different WIN 10 laptops with Win 10 recently updated, they are both missing keystrokes now, I believe due to the Windows 10 update. A cheap Amazon basics keyboard from my husband's compute works, but not any of my microsoft keyboards!!! I need microsoft external keyboard for laptop that do not miss keystrokes, I've tried device manager-update drivers, opening mouse & keyboard center, unplugging & replugging, wired USB Microsoft & a wireless with stick keyboard, new batteries, no success with any of these attempts. When is Microsoft going to fix this issue in their update? or send out driver updates to all their keyboard to sync with the new Win 10?

:)

Amy Harmon, Jun 18, 2020

2. missing keystrokes

is there a keyboard driver update for missing keystrokes when using Lenovo IdeaPad in laptop mode?

Trish818993, Jun 18, 2020
  3. davidgyd Win User
    Windows 10 missing first keystrokes from Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard after Fall Creators' Update

Thanks for your answer TimLeon.

There are some twenty five different solutions listed on the link you provided. At first site none of them appear to refer to the issue at hand (Microsoft Designer Keyboard missing keystrokes). Would you specify which of them you believe will fix the problem
    please.

Are you a Microsoft employee?

Thanks

David.

davidgyd, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

Windows 10 missing first keystrokes from Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard after Fall Creators' Update

Agreed! None of the "Fixes" even reference a keyboard. Specifically this thread is devoted to the designer Keyboard missing keystrokes and even more specifically to missing keystrokes after the keyboard has been idle and on a restart or start.

Martin4224JF, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

1. Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes - Similar Threads - Microsoft keyboard missing

2. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  3. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  4. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "a" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, , and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying numerous...
  5. Wireless Keyboard Either Misses or Duplicates Keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Keyboard Either Misses or Duplicates Keystrokes.: I have a new laptop, and the built-in keyboard works fine. However, every time I use an external wireless keyboard it constantly either misses the keystroked letters OR enters multiples of keystroked letters like 20+. I've tried 3 different keyboards, all of which were brand...
  6. Wireless Keyboard Either Misses or Duplicates Keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Keyboard Either Misses or Duplicates Keystrokes.: I have a new laptop, and the built-in keyboard works fine. However, every time I use an external wireless keyboard it constantly either misses the keystroked letters OR enters multiples of keystroked letters like 20+. I've tried 3 different keyboards, all of which were brand...
  7. Microsoft Modern keyboard misses first keystroke

Microsoft Modern keyboard misses first keystroke: I have a lag time using bluetootn microsoft modern keyboard on windows 10 on an HP laptop. It often misses the first keystroke. I was trying some of the troubleshooting but it won't let me run cmd as an administrator even though I turned off my Norton. Any help would be...
  8. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  9. missing keystrokes

missing keystrokes: is there a keyboard driver update for missing keystrokes when using Lenovo IdeaPad in laptop mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-keystrokes/31f6b89a-aff3-42fd-8751-5a741b1a2f5a
  10. Missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing keystrokes: My computer won't type random letters (most often 'c' 'e' or 'd') until I press those keys many times. Then after a while it recognizes keystrokes, at first a few, then all of them. This happens in start menu and chrome. However when I open notepad or when I have been typing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard missing keystrokes windows 10

2. keyboard misses keystrokes

3. wireless keyboard missing keystrokes