Windows 10: Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G

Discus and support Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can't type capital G using shift key on brand new wired Microsoft keyboard I have to use capslock to get capital G; this is not a multimedia keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HidekoGraves, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G

Can't type capital G using shift key on brand new wired Microsoft keyboard I have to use capslock to get capital G; this is not a multimedia keyboard. can anyone advise me?

:)

HidekoGraves, Dec 11, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Wireless Keyboard won't always shift capital letters

Ok glad you found a fix, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, and have no problems using the shift capital letters to work. Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G :)

OldMike65, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G

automatic capitalization of words when entering password

Thank you, Sangeeta for your response. I went to device manager and found no issues or warnings for keyboards, or any other device. I right clicked "keyboard" and it asked to scan for hardware changes. I clicked the "hardware changes" area and it quickly
    checked (I guess) because nothing happened. Before I asked the question about auto capitalization to the community, I went to the web and searched for Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard Issues. Step 2 under "the keyboard is not functioning" suggests I was to Download
    and install the latest keyboard software, which I did. (I did this step before going to the Community and found the Ctrl Z fix). Hopefully I won't have that problem again.

RaymondWhatley, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G

1. Microsoft keyboard problem with capital G - Similar Threads - Microsoft keyboard problem

2. Keyboard will not recognize capital 'g'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard will not recognize capital 'g': Okay, so just the other day I noticed that my keyboard will not recognize when I try to capitalize the letter 'g'. I'm on a laptop currently not sure the model but it's got the built in keyboard and it's getting to be pretty frustrating.I don't think that it's my shift keys...
  3. Keyboard will not recognize capital 'g'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard will not recognize capital 'g': Okay, so just the other day I noticed that my keyboard will not recognize when I try to capitalize the letter 'g'. I'm on a laptop currently not sure the model but it's got the built in keyboard and it's getting to be pretty frustrating.I don't think that it's my shift keys...
  4. Bios and keyboard capitalization problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios and keyboard capitalization problems: Hello, I have a problem, which bothers me a lot. I had a sticky keys problem, and I tried cleaning it with Isopropyl, breaking some not so critically, and broke one completely membrane top part lost. The button broken is delete, and every time I restart my laptop, my system...
  5. Bios and keyboard capitalization problems

Bios and keyboard capitalization problems: Hello, I have a problem, which bothers me a lot. I had a sticky keys problem, and I tried cleaning it with Isopropyl, breaking some not so critically, and broke one completely membrane top part lost. The button broken is delete, and every time I restart my laptop, my system...
  6. Bios and keyboard capitalization problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft 4000 wired keyboard occassionaLly capitalizes random letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 4000 wired keyboard occassionaLly capitalizes random letters: I've been using this keyboard for years and its wonderful. Best value in a keyboard ever. But lately I've noticed that I'll type a word and one of the letters is capitaLized. Like that. My pinky was nowhere near the shift key. Anyone know how this could happen? I've made no...
  8. Microsoft 4000 wired keyboard occassionaLly capitalizes random letters

Microsoft 4000 wired keyboard occassionaLly capitalizes random letters: I've been using this keyboard for years and its wonderful. Best value in a keyboard ever. But lately I've noticed that I'll type a word and one of the letters is capitaLized. Like that. My pinky was nowhere near the shift key. Anyone know how this could happen? I've made no...
  9. How to turn on auto capitalization of keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on auto capitalization of keyboard?: First words of a sentence don't capitalize in any program. the feature works in MS Word but not the other programs. when i type something in YouTube or reddit or anywhere else, it doesn't automatically capitalize the first word. submitted by /u/dannyparker123 [link]...
  10. Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H": Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the windows key. This...