Windows 10: Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.

Discus and support Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm using the Microsoft EKZ-00001 Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID. After resuming my PC from hibernation, the keyboard doesn't work. I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Windows User 341, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.

I'm using the Microsoft EKZ-00001 Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.

After resuming my PC from hibernation, the keyboard doesn't work. I use the keyboard in the wireless mode via an USB dongle. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 with all updates applied. This issue did not happen in 2017 and the major part of 2018. Since one of the larger updates in the last months of 2018, this issue started happening. An update must have changed something in the configuration of Windows 10. No other changes have been applied to my PC.

I've found a work around:

When resumed from hibernation, and the keyboard is not working, use the mouse to click to resume again, at the login screen.

The PC will go into hibernation again. When the PC is off, turn it on and when it resumes from hiberation the keyboard works.

This means I will have to hibernate the PC twice every time to get the keyboard to work.

Can you please help me find a solution to this issue?

:)

Windows User 341, Mar 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 somtimes resumes and sometimes "Restarts" from hibernation?

I am experiencing same issue, you hibernate, it resumes, next time, it reboots, the next one, it reboots, next, it resumes, then reboots, resumes, resumes, reboots, resumes, reboots, reboots. it is pure free madness from microsoft

Window 10 needs to get the hibernation part correctly before release.

A lot of developers rely on "hibernate" because it saves the time spent re-opening all IDEs, initializing projects, looking for where you left off, etc.

I hate windows without hibernate.

i tried all your suggestions and nothing worked.

OluwaseunAjayi, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Mar 14, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.

Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

Hello,

Failing to resume from Hibernate in Windows 10 may be caused by an outdated driver or operating system component or that an application is causing the resume from Hibernate to fail. For us to isolate the issue in failing to resume from Hibernate, kindly
    respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue? If yes, what are they?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your device?
    • Have you checked if Windows 10 is updated? Go to Settings >
      Update & security
      > Check for updates.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.

1. Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation. - Similar Threads - Microsoft keyboard wireless

2. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  3. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  4. Blue screen after resuming from hibernate

Blue screen after resuming from hibernate: I keep running into blue screen after resuming from hibernate state in Windows 10 pro and it says "dpc watchdog violation" . I tried to find the cause by using WinDBbg and I got the following resaults . Is there any solution for it? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  5. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  6. cannot resume after hibernation

cannot resume after hibernation: Hello, I have the problem that my computer apparently does not resume after hibernation; instead I get the message in my Event Viewer, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost...
  7. Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login mask (its the same so I cannot tell which one it is)...
  8. BSOD resuming from Hibernate

BSOD resuming from Hibernate: This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try and use it if I can. It's a tank of a laptop. Attachment 40024 Thanks 24447
  9. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 hybenate keyboard resume

2. keyboard turns off after hibernation